Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule Camera(s) to take Pictures

I am using Arlo for a construction project Im currently working on. This project will be going on for more than a year. It would be great if you could add a feature that would allow me to schedule the camera(s) to automatically take a picture at certain points during the day. For example, I would like to be able to place markers on the schedule at 11:00am and 4:00pm and then have the camera(s) turn on a take a picture at those selected times. This would be great for eventually putting together a timelapse of the project over a year's time. 

Thanks - Peter

Comments
Dn2015
Guide

I would also like to see this as an update feature.  True, IFTTT can record, but snapshots are more ideal.  Maybe arlo can add the new "Action" as "Take Snapshot".

I'm using Arlo Go as a construction webcam. Can you add a feature to schedule a daily photo?

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

prj_84
Novice

Auto scheduling of snapshots and a share link that is static for the last image taken would be perfect. I could really need this in combination of Smartthings and Actiontiles 🙂

obx700
Follower

Thanks for the response. Looks like IFTTT will do what I need, but the IFTTT website will not connect to my Arlo camera. It appears this has been an issue on the forum since Sept of last year. Any idea on when this may be fixed?

Notalifeform
Fledgling

Hi All,

I've put together a python script that can take snapshots periodically and story it to AWS. It uses @jeffreydwalter's Python lib. I also added a script to actually create a timelapse.

It's probably a bit too geeky if you've neved coded before, but you van give it a try:

https://github.com/Notalifeform/arlo-timelapse-lambda

regards,

Robert 

puffin2
Novice

QuadT
Tutor

Scenario:

I want to install 2 cameras on the front door

1. One aimed at the porch.  It will record a video every time someone deliver a package

2. One aimed at the street.  I want to see the vehicle.  It will not be feasible right now because it will record every time a car drive by.  I only want it to take a photo to extend the battery life of that camera

Inzax
Tutor

It is amazing to me that this is not a built in feature of Arlo.  Taking a picture based on a time schedule seems so simple.  Looking in the support forums it appears this is something that has been requested.

I looked at IFTTT and you can't even build your own applet for such a feature.  

Yes, I see the option to record every hour.  That is not what I want to do.  Just ONE daily picture.