Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rotate image 90 degrees

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Comments
Arlo_user2
Aspirant

AGREE!!!!  PLEASE ADDRESS THIS!!

Arlo_user2
Aspirant

I just got my arlo pro cams and I see this has been an ongoing request since 2015..  I wish would have seen it as I may not have purchasced the ARLO.  Thank goodness for the 7 day free cloud.  Or it would be a deal breaker.  My sides of the house are very narrow and could really benift from a 90 degree rotation other wise there's alot of wasted viewing space from being horizontal. Put me down for wanting to set the camera at 90 degrees. Current ARLO Pro2Current ARLO Pro2MUCH NEEDED ARLO with 90 dergreeMUCH NEEDED ARLO with 90 dergree

Arlo84
Fledgling

I am not sure how this is still a feature request after 2-3 years? It's a matter of providing a tick box in the arlo app / web settings for each camera, for us to manually choose which way the video should be rotated, then all videos saved are rotated to that direction. Seems fairly simple? = greater functionality + lots of happy customers.

Don't need to change any hardware or add any sensors to devices. Just backend software / processing on the video stream.

Arlo_user2
Aspirant

Just checking in again..   Hows that 90 dergree rotation button coming.     PLEASE ADD the feature!!!  

Jumaca
Novice

Hi,

it would be great to add such a valuable feature as it could enhance the user experience design in case we need to monitor vertical areas instead of landscape view.

Thank you for adding it to your implementation backlog.

jmkoopkek
Onlooker

Hi, 

I have 3 arlo pro and one of them i need to be at 90 degrees rotation. Please add 0, 90, 180, 270 image rotation option.

At least comment something and not just ignore your loyal customers. 

Thanks. 

jnassiri
Novice

Wow Netgear... whats up with the 3 year+ wait? 

camerator
Fledgling

+1

I have been watching this thread assuming soeone from Netgear is listening but I am starting to wonder. This is a much needed feature! You have seen examples from all the users that have written in teh thread: trash alleys, hallways, you name it: there are many locatios where a wide picture is not useful and a vertical one is needed. I have more cameras in vertical than horizontal. 

It cannot be that difficult to rotate the image! OK, the page layout may not be as tidy with cameras in different orientations, but I do not think anybody cares compared to being able to see right side up. 

Another nuisance is that if you are looking at the picture in the phone app, if you try to rotate it to see it the pone (at least iphone) rotates it again so you are always doomed to see things sideways.  At the very very least, on the phone app, allow freezing the rotation so that we can at least rotate the phoen to see the image right side up by rotating the phone... 

Hi Netgear,

could you explain why the implementation of the 90/270 rotation feature is not possible? At least share a status please.

It seems there is a high demand from your customers. 

Thanks!

DutchBoss
Fledgling

Ok, I've contacted Arlo on Facebook about this issue running for 3 years already....

ME:

hi there, on your website is a thread running for 3 years already without any reply from Arlo. The thread is about rotating the image of your camera 90degrees if you mount the Arlo sideways. Why is this function not added or has there been any reply from Arlo over the last 3 years? thanks for your reply. gr. Erik https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Rotate-image-90-degrees/idc-p/1600533#M10252

ARLO:

Hi Erik - Thank you for your interest in Arlo. Right now, you can only position the camera upside down or right side up. No update if such feature will be implemented soon. But you can physically position the camera the way you want to using the mount.

ME:

I know, and that's what I'm doing at the moment. But in the app the images aren't rotated the right way. It seems, reading your forum, that i'm not the only one who thinks this is a bit silly and probably easy to solve? There's ten pages of people dying to get this option. I mean, how hard can it be? Why don't you listen to your customers and make the great Arlo products even better? thanks. Erik

ARLO:

Hi Erik - I truly understand how you want this to be implemented as it's truly a nice feature to be added but I think there are certain factors that Engineers have considered. Like the motion sensor of the wire-free cameras. They trigger when the infrared technology detects an object that is warmer than the surrounding environment. The motion sensor is more sensitive to side-to-side movement across its field of view than to movement directly toward or away from the camera. And that technology is hardware based. If camera has the option to be digitally positioned 90 degrees, only the picture orientation is changed, not its sensor. Please check this link : https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-camera

ME:

hi there, that's not what I mean I'm already using the Arlo vertical since I own it since my garden is long and narrow. Works perfect, the only annoying thing is that the recording shows sideways in the app or on browser based app. That should be an easy fix no? No I have to angle my head 90 degrees in order to see the image.....that's not how it's meant to be I assume. Thanks

This last reply from me was on the 5th of july, haven't heard from Arlo since then.

Did this help me in any way.......not really no;-)