Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remove Play/Pause selectable BUTTON from the center of the screen

Currently when viewing any recorded video in the Library, There is a round ,partially transparent Pause/Play button.  It sits directly on the center of the screen.  It disappears during playback but returns when paused.

The problem with this selectable button's placement, is that when one pauses during any segment of the playback of the recording, the button appears blocking the area of the middle of the screen.  This is an important area for viewing when recording and is very annoying and obstrucive when trying to view the scene behind it when paused.

Personally, I seen absolutly no need for this opion on the screen.  There are operation buttons available at the bottom below the screen.

If you must have this button on the screen, then at least move it to a corner like the upper right or left side of the screen.

Thanks

Comments
sbtyper
Apprentice

Guys i was wondering if on a future update to the app that you can make the play icon smaller?  I know it sounds kind of corny but i like to record a lot on my cameras and when I am deleting the videos through my Android app the 'play' icon takes up most of the middle part. I like to scroll through the videos and if I need to play a video its because i saw something in the screenshot. By making the play icon smaller i can better see the screenshot. 

Just an idea.

Thanks. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

jacobhalo
Novice
I have found that when scrolling through videos, on the app, I have to look through the play button overlay. As the play button is right in the middle it is often covering the subject. Please move the button off the image, between the time and options would be nice.
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

driber
Novice

I do have a complaint for the phone app. It is very very difficult when trying to play and pause the video when on iPad or iPhone. The play/pause button is to small and close to the video time line and when you press it, the video goes back to the beginning. This is caused by the finger also hitting the time line. This needs to be addressed and formatted differently. The play/pause button needs to be bigger and away from the video time line.

I would also recommend a frame by frame or a back button that only rewinds the video in short increments.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

sloopjonb
Novice

This is the first thing I noticed. When reviewing footage I paused to look at someone but I couldn't identify anything because the big play icon was right in the way. Is there another way to review paused footage? This renders the whole system almost useless for this purpose.

And I agree with the comment above that this seems totally unnecessary.

JRTinz
Initiate

In "Devices" and in the "Library" when playing videos, the images/videos are partially obscured by the arrows and playback options.

Worst by far is the "Devices" view where the last image has a HUGE "Live" playback arrow right in the middle of the image.

Not as bad in the "Library", but again arrows in the middle of the image.  Then when playing a video, playback playback options obscure the bottom of the video.

This IS a security system after all and it just seems counter-productive to block parts of the views, don't ya think?

scragin
Onlooker

I sent this to Netgear directly and got an automated message saying "FEATURE is not the perfect fit". Anyway, here's the request:

In all of your screens that show camera views, the middle of the screen is obstructed by either a "Live" button (default device screen) or a "Play" button (individual device library). This is a BAD DESIGN because it does not allow you to see the whole screen without actually going live or starting the individual video.

Typically, cameras are aimed at what you want to see so the middle of the screen is most important to see without having to go live or play the individual clip. Please take those obstructions out of those screens and put them at the top or bottom of the screen, out of the way, where they belong.

Please reply or do something to make this more visible so someone who cares might actually see it.

Thank you.

2abw
Initiate

Hi. Love this product. But I find the Play button in the middle of clips and live-device views not only not useful but debilitating. My camera is centered on the most important area I want to film (in this case, where my neighbor vandalizes my garden). When I pause the clip to see and enlarge this area it is obscured by the huge Play button. During the winter months when I am in Belgium, the garden is in motion entire days due to the Mistral winds in Avignon. (Winds with names are the damnedest.) So there are weeks when I have oodles of trembling vegetation-on-the-wall-in-high-winds clips. The camera can't be very close, because the neighbor knocks it down. So I need to pause on the trembling image to see whether it's of interest. Because of the Play button in the middle, I'm forced to download dozens of clips to see them paused. A really  huge inconvenience in an already soul-destroying task. We're all used to using mp4 players. One doesn't want visibility compromised with surveillance cameras. My best.