Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

REQ: Add a way to show battery life in NUMBERS.

Earlier tonight, I got an e-mail saying a camera had about 13% battery life left. I'd like to see this numerical value manually whenever checking on the cameras online.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

Comments
GuitarMan82
Novice

It would be nice if the webpage could display a percentage of battery left as opposed to the "bar" method.  This way, if I am getting ready to leave out-of-town & I notice that one camera is showing 2 out of 3 bars, but technically only roughly 30% battery, I should probably go ahead and change the batteries in that particular camera (given the fact that if I'm away, I'm using BEST video quality & MAX motion detection).  

JamesC
Community Manager

GuitarMan82,

The Arlo team is always looking for ideas on how to improve the UI, thank you for this feedback!

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

A SHARED POST OF MINE:

Okay, I now see what is going on. I kept telling the support person that I see no "bars" on my computer screen. She NEVER TOLD ME that you only see the bars using the smart phone app. I look at my smart phone Arlo app and the battery indicator is fully green. Yup, there are the "bars". However, it would indeed be a VERY GOOD IDEAD to have a power percentage meter for the battery on the smart phone app AND on the computer web app just like with smart phones.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso

I don't know what browser you are using, as I have a battery indicator on my SmartPhone and while using Edge, IE or Chrome on my PC.

I have an android smart phone. On my smart phone the battery level indicator is green and the bars are very easy to see. On the computer it looks like a hollow gray rectangle with a dot in the middle of it. It doesn't look like bars to me.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso

That's strange, as my PC looks 100% identical with my Android phone, when it pertains to the battery level indicator.

This is my original topic thread about this matter. If you scroll down you will see someone posted a screen shot of what the battery indicator looks like. It is not...wait a minute! 

SUDDENLY MY ARLO SMART PHONE APP FOR THE BATTERY INDICATOR DOESN'T LOOK GREEN!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!

However, on my smart phone app it clearly looks like bars. In the screen shot it looks like a hollow rectangle with a dot in the center. It doesn't look like bars to me.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Apps/ARLO-VMS3130-100NAS/td-p/1048360

I don't understand why the battery indicator no longer looks green. I hope someone will tell me why because the manual is NO HELP WHATSOEVER in this matter.

derek-cctv
Onlooker
It looks like the Arlo developers have granted your wish! This update could have happened at any time in the last few months, but I've just noticed that if you click on Settings >> Device Name, it shows the battery percentage usage beside the same graphic of a battery that you see in the Camera section (where it doesn't display the percentage!)