Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Playback feature request: Filter out "still" time for a shorter/relevant video clip

For the most part home security videos tend to be static scenes,  with some motion at the beginning, when the camera is triggered.

It would be a nice plaback feature (maybe a preference when configuring the camera in the motion settings) to have the option to playback just the segments of the video clip that indeed have motion, filtering out the time ranges where the capture is static due to no movement in front of the camera.

This should be easy to implement, and a time saver for quickly glancing the stored videos for the parts that are of interest (i.e. what is moving in front of my house), without having to scrub through the whole video in real time.

The "threshold" for what is considered "motion" could be the same that triggers the camera in the first place.

[Bonus for the playback UI: you can leave a few seconds of kind of faded "still" video at the beginning/end/or between such "motion" segments, for a nicer playback experience]

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

caminitosd,

I have moved this topic to the Arlo Idea Exchange so that it gets proper exposure to the development team.

Thank you for your contribution,
JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes