Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Perimeter Alert

I understand how the zones work for the Arlo 2, however, since that will only be available for the Arlo 2 and "subscribed members" for the Arlo Pro, would it be possible to have an attached system (wireless) that could transmit laser breaks to trigger cameras?  I just spent $1,000 on the Arlo Pro system and another $60 in mounts.  Now, a month and a half later, they come out with the Arlo 2 with "Zone Detection" which surpasses the older price point per camera by far.  I have areas on my property that are in the range of a camera but are set off by cars driving down the road.  I've adjusted sensitivity and repositioned it, it still stalls on the record time because of the no buffer situation.  I have had delivery drivers pull into or walk into my driveway (across the detection field of one camera), walk into the parking area (across the field of another camera), place the package and start walking away before the camera starts recording.   With an actual grid on a larger property, the grid could send the signal to the base to immediately start recording when it is broken.  Yes, it would be involved and probably more trouble than it's worth, but until Arlo releases an improved update for the motion sensor, what can you do?