Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Partner with Wireless door locks.

It would be great to have Arlo partner with Door lock companies that currently offer wireless solutions, like-  Schlage, August, Yale...  

It would be awesome if we could use the Arlo base station to communicate to the door lock so that we do not have to buy into other base stations or Z wave hubs etc.  

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Cwmmmm
Luminary

@ShayneS Why don’t you tell them about works with arlo that will be coming out soon? You gave them a canned response to be honest. We will keep you updated on its potential integration... but there’s a press release about it already. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

@stephenhooper @Cwmmmm

Here is an Article from CES 2019:

"Users will be able to wirelessly connect compatible third-party smart home devices through the Arlo app for simplified monitoring and control" Article below.

Arlo Announces New “Works With Arlo” Program At CES 2019

Cwmmmm
Luminary

Thank you!

BrianJK
Novice

I have an Arlo2 cam, and now I need a smart deadbolt that will work its base station (VMB4000). There was a lot of hype in January about Yale locks working with that base station, but real information is since absent. Will they work as promised? Is there another smartlock out there that will work with the VMB4000, or I do need to suck it up and start all over again with new everything? Basically, I want a smart deadbolt lock but I don't want another damn base station. My router is already out of ports.

Tb123
Novice

Any update on this? I need to a smart lock that will pair with my arlo base and pro2

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

@Tb123

We will provide any future announcement/updates in this thread.

Amoon726
Fledgling

Any idea when this will be available? 

lewinb
Onlooker

Seriously,  this capability was announced a YEAR AGO... WTH is going on with this?? 

An actual response from an actual employee would be appreciated.

ADPC
Star

Is there any further announcement on the integration of Arlo with Yale or is this going to be yet another Arlo thread that continues to be unanswered for months?

I regret every buying Arlo as the support is so lacking. Sadly after my experiences, I steer my friends away from Arlo to other providers, which is a shame as the product has such huge potential