Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Option to increase light to be on to 5 minutes from 120 seconds when motion is detected

I have two Arlo lights  and they are hardwired so I am not worried about battery time, I would like the option to set them for 5 minutes for motion vs. 120 seconds.
My power went out and I turned The light to constant on and it ran for 3 hours on high and only consumed 25% of battery so it seems there is another power to support a couple more minutes of run time even on battery.

Comments
TomMac
Guru

go to SETTINGS/my devices/light and > to edit

go to LIGHT DURATION, > to edit.

Pick time settings up to needs (10-20-30-60-always )

Chrisk2
Apprentice
That is the setting for manually turning on the light. The motion trigger does not let you turn on the light for more than 120 seconds.

I am asking for a software update to turn on light for 5 minutes on motion.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Chrisk2,

I'm moving your post to the Idea Exchange Board in regards to increase the fixed amount of time your light to be on when motion is detected. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.