Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification on Zones

The ability to turn on/off Zone notifications.  I would love to set a zone for my front walk that will alert me when someone enters that zone.  Also set up a second zone for the sidewalk/street that will still record the motion, but not tell me every time someone walks by. 

Comments
arlo1901
Follower

This is exactly what I was about to post. 

I have cars drive past my house (which makes camera record about 200 clips per day), I want to keep all of these clips in case one of these cars hits mine, but obviously don't want notifications from them all.

As posted above, I would like the ability to get notifications if someone walks up to my door. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Ludy43
Novice
You should be able to set an alarm up where it would sound in zone2 but maybe not the whole zone 1. For instance if zone 1 gets my whole driveway but zone 2 gets my car, if someone goes near my auto, it can send the alarm off

@bigbangr wrote:

The ability to turn on/off Zone notifications.  I would love to set a zone for my front walk that will alert me when someone enters that zone.  Also set up a second zone for the sidewalk/street that will still record the motion, but not tell me every time someone walks by. 

You might like to investigate the use of rules and modes.

These are very flexible, albeit not the easiest things to fathom.

Rules can take triggers from particular cameras and then make various things happen. In my case, I can have separate alarm events.

StephenB
Guru
@michaelkenward  wrote:

You might like to investigate the use of rules and modes.

These are very flexible, albeit not the easiest things to fathom.

They are flexible, but they won't do what @bigbangr and @Ludy43  are asking for - which is the ability to tailor the notifications differently for each activity zone of a given camera.

Smart Notifications (turning off vehicle alerts) would solve @arlo1901's use case (though that isn't set up in the rules).