Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Network Connectivity Setup - Allow static IP assignment for the base station

In future updates, I believe it would be beneficial to allow users to statically assign IP addresses for the base station.  Not all customer's use DHCP within their networks for various reasons.

Comments
Conmore
Observer

Hi there

I’m guessing by the lack of replies that there is no proposed addition to my OP. 

Seems like such a simple addition. 

Cheers

Conmore wrote:

Hi there
i am interested in purchasing an Arlo system for my home (and possibly for my kids set up as well). I have my home network secured and DHCP is disabled in the wireless router meaning I have assigned static IP addresses eg 10.0.0.50 to every device that connects. After reading great reviews on this product with further research I read it’s not possible to simply assign a static IP address to the base station. Are there any plans to introduce this feature in future firmware updates or released in new models? I suggest introducing this feature will culminate in more sales. I need to have this confirmed before purchasing.

arlo_be
Tutor
Conmore - I wouldn't recommend this system if you want any control over your network. *It creates its own wireless network *that wireless network uses the same channel as the strongest Wi-Fi SSID it finds (probably yours) and there's no option to change the channel *all cameras record to the "cloud" and even live video bounces through the Netgear servers first What these cameras do well: * Plug n play * easy setup * completely wireless cameras

Need  static  IP  on  Base