Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Network Connectivity Setup - Allow static IP assignment for the base station

In future updates, I believe it would be beneficial to allow users to statically assign IP addresses for the base station.  Not all customer's use DHCP within their networks for various reasons.

Comments
jkurzner
Onlooker

You could accomplish this by defining a rule in your router to always assign a specific IP to the base stations MAC address.

TazHawaii
Initiate

I don't have my 5 camera system yet - it's on the way. How do you find the MAC address on the base station. I use MAC address filtering on my router firewall and the base station will not gain access to the internet until I record the MAC address.

JamesC
Community Manager

TazHawaii,

The MAC address is located on the bottom of the base station along with the serial number.

JamesC

Zorro_X
Aspirant

Hi,

I've just bought an Arlo system and I've discovered that there is no way to set it up wit a static IP address.

OK, like the support said to me, most of users don't care about that because almost everybody have a DHCP server in their home internet access router. But it is the first network connected system I see that does not offer the possibility to set up a static IP address !

For a Netgear, a network equipment builder, it is near to unbelievable not having that option (!)

OK, you can put it in some kind of nearly hidden "advanced setup options" for advanced users. That will not make it uneaser to set it up for "standard users", but allows to set a static IP !

Come on, every network connected equipment offers nowadays that possibility, even connected children toys made in China !!!!

So please, it is not a forbidden option to add, it is a bug to fix !

Thank you for your attention,

Best regards,

Z

sony946
Novice

I also need to set a static ip address, please update this, or I will be returning it.

Thank you

Geekqualizer
Tutor

Arlo Q Plus 1.8.3.0_9926

A statically assigned IP would be helpful.  (Provided the reset button with reset back to DHCP in case of typo etc.) 

I have issues at 2 locations with the wireless routers provided by the only ISP available and it seems to fail to renew the IP lease(even with a DHCP reservation) on the camera.  Additionally there are a few locations we would like to deploy cameras and they do not have routers/DHCP but an access point or POE port is available.

Thank you!

Noslek
Initiate

I would also like to suggest we have the option of setting a static IP address to the Arlo base station.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

Conmore
Observer

Hi there
i am interested in purchasing an Arlo system for my home (and possibly for my kids set up as well). I have my home network secured and DHCP is disabled in the wireless router meaning I have assigned static IP addresses eg 10.0.0.50 to every device that connects. After reading great reviews on this product with further research I read it’s not possible to simply assign a static IP address to the base station. Are there any plans to introduce this feature in future firmware updates or released in new models? I suggest introducing this feature will culminate in more sales. I need to have this confirmed before purchasing.

Conmore
Observer

Same.