Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Neighborhood Watch

I think it would be very neat if Arlo would allow the cameras to be used as a mesh network within a specific geographical area, users would give permission for certain cameras that see doors, street view, alleys, Etc.

If Arlo could design a software that notified anyone in the mesh network of certain activity,He could affectively create a neighborhood watch.. I feel that this would dramatically increase response time and allowed tighter neighborhoods do utilize each other’s cameras to find would be criminals, lost animals, etc.
Comments
seeker2
Novice

So only the 'good' people and not those wanting to exploit others would have access to this network. Gee I wonder what my neighbors are up to tonight?

Jonmode
Follower

That’s the purpose of choosing which cameras you allow community access to such as street view, etc, also my idea is limited to access when arlo sees the same person or animal on multiple cameras. Community access would be available when the software dictates that it’s the same person and then Releases those clips to the neighborhood watch. Not just random access to other people’s video. 

Vince123456
Aspirant

This is actually a good idea, if well implemented. 

Ring has it already.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MJanis

The Arlo Video Doorbell is only compatible with the Arlo Mobile app at the moment. Thank you for your question.

MJanis
Guide

ShayneS,

i have the Arlo mobile app on my iphone.  I would like to know if the Arlo Video Doorbell can be connected or joined with the Neighborhood Watch or the Neighbors?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

@MJanis

You may want to look at this article here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

So there's no community as Neighbors from Ring?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @angelfajardeno

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask on the community & we will be glad to help. Arlo currently does not have a community app. 

Ja-86
Novice

Great idea!!