Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Mobile app needs a "Mute" notifications button

Most of the time the notifications to my cell phone are ok.  But when the wind is blowing hard it causes the trees or bushes to set off the motion detection which send me a notification via push to my phone.

On a windy day this will drive me crazy!!  I've gotten over 84 mobile notifications in the past hour!! 

The mobile app needs a "Mute" button.  "Mute for 30 minutes";  "Mute for 1 hour"; "Mute for 6 hours"; etc.

This way it stops sending me motion notifications, but will automatically turn back on after the specified time.

I know you can permanently disable the notifications via:  https://kb.arlo.com/1019297/How-do-I-set-up-notifications-or-alerts but then I have to remember to go back and turn them on.

Thanks! 

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

rw3837
Follower

Any update on this?  I'm about to delete the Arlo app from my cell phone because it's driving me crazy!!  Especially with Android 9 Pie since I can change the Arlo Notification sound preferences.  

PLEASE HELP!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to set an activity zone if applicable or adjust the sensitivity for the added motion?