Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Manual Deletion of Recycle Bin

Please allow us this option.  

If the concern is that you want to protect a user's recordings, where an unauthorized user is looing to permanently delete "evidence", then perhaps you could incorportate a two-step verification to empty the recycle bin.  For example, use Google Authenticator on a user's mobile device that prompts for a code every time a user attempts to empty the recycle bin.

Thanks in advance for the consideration.

Comments
rayosdex
Fledgling

Cannot express how fed-up I am with the ARLO "Engineers" who are making these stoopid decisions to mess with a camera system that was quite easy and now nothing but aggrivating and frustrating.  Both chatted and called to voice my discontent only to be told "the engineers", "the engineers", "the engineers". 

Know I am venting but one of the great features of this system was the ability to have up to 7 days to retrieve recordings.....things change in a couple of days, especially here in NYC. HEY ENGINEERS..............BRING NACK THE OLD SOFTWARE INSTEAD OF THESE SO CALLE "UPGRADES"......you're not helping us.

JamesC
Community Manager

rayosdex,

The recycling bin was removed so that videos you no longer need can be permanently deleted in one step and you don't need to worry about manually managing previously deleted videos. We advise you to download and store locally any content you wish to keep for future use.

We appreciate you feedback!

JamesC

DirtyDutch
Aspirant
Please bring the recycle bin back, my father deleted some recordings cuzz he didn't think there was anything on them, but 5 days later someone broke in to his house, we really need the recordings back from the past day's, if the recycle bin was still here I could get them back, removing it was a really bad choice.
At least make a option if you want it or not.
JamesC
Community Manager

DirtyDutch,

I have relocated this topic to the Arlo Idea Exchange.

Thank you for your contribution!

JamesC

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented