Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
WebDancer
Apprentice

Hello Arlo Mods, 

Hope you read this. 

I will not enter a 6 digit verification code or get a push notification every 20 minutes to view camera feeds through the website. 

Kindly roll this mandate back and give me the OPTION to decide if I want to use the 2 step verification.

Would appreciate the software development team's thoughts on this. Soon, please. 

Sirius7
Fledgling

Um...  Wait, what?  I came here to figure out how to get my desktop computer to be remembered as a 2 factor device.  Am I understanding correctly that we CAN"T DO THAT??  I use my arlo from my desktop exclusively, often to very quickly see what's going on outside at my door. 

If I have to wait for an email every time to do this then you guys just made the camera system I paid for UNUSABLE!  As such, I believe I deserve a refund!

Cucco
Onlooker

What is the point of 'security', if you can't view it quick?  Wait for an email?  Really?  Arlo is going to get someone killed with this.  Sigh.

WebDancer
Apprentice

@Sirius7 

Yes, that is correct. There is no option to mark your computer as a trusted device. 

I too use a laptop or desktop computer for camera feeds. After I was forced to set up the 2 step verification process yesterday morning, I had to enter a 6 digit verification code every 20 minutes when the website timed out. It's more than a bit of a hassle to do this every 20 minutes for 9 hours while at work. Won't keep doing that.

I can't get a refund, but I can sell the system and move on to something a little more customer friendly. 

All they have to do is make the 2 step verification an option again. It's a simple solution. 

WebDancer
Apprentice

@JessicaP 

Where are we with rolling back the 2FA to an OPTION if computers can't be named as trusted devices? 

spyromike
Follower

Just curious for the long-timers in here. Have they ever made a bigger mistake, and how long did it take them to fix it (if ever)?

I see a ton of Amazon / Wal-mart / Costco etc. returns in Arlo's future starting Monday.

In addition to making browsers a "known device", How about the ability to copy and paste the 2fa code from email?  That would make it a little easier to use that route.

Arlo_99
Aspirant

Re: Spyromike, they do stupid crap like this all the time.  There's rarely any useful reply from the support team.  They just puppet the company line and issue completely vacuous responses that don't actually help, yet present the guise of 'doing something'.

ArloSucks99

Arlo_99
Aspirant

And now, the mail system (mine or Arlos) is taking more than two minutes to process emails so the timer expires before I get the code.

Brilliant solution you idiots.

ArloSucks99

Sirius7
Fledgling

I use tons of websites that remember my desktop as a device.  Are Arlo's developers so inept that they can't do the same?  WHY?  Maybe you guys need to hire competent developers.  I can't believe it was released in it's present state.  What a joke.  Now I have to buy a new camera system, what a rip off.