Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
CosmicAvenger
Aspirant

Well, I ordered a Wyze camera, time to set up the "Surveillance Station" app on my QNAP NAS. I used it for a while years ago, but wanted a better interface, so I tried the Arlo.....and it's no longer a better option.

Catia22
Tutor

This is ridiculous! So there's no way to stay logged in on my PC, and now I have to go through a ridiculous login process every 30 minutes or so?!? This makes my Arlo system completely unusable.  I use this system to monitor my outdoor animals. If there's a predator out there, I need to know NOW, not 20 minutes from now once I make it through the ridiculous 2 step verification process. By then my animals will all be dead.

Guess I'll be looking for a new service today. Anybody have any recommendations?

spyromike
Follower

Every time I log in from one of my desktops I have to look at my phone or email for a 2-step verification code. How do I add multiple desktops to be trusted devices?

If I can't solve this, I'm throwing out Arlo and going to another camera system. Even my bank doesn't require 2-step verification on regular devices.

Launching nukes would be easier than logging into Arlo.

dcfox1
Master

Arlo does not allow Computers to be a trusted devise , just phones.   Not sure why or if it will change. I finally have to use it since now required. I'm using Push notifications that isn't that bad

(just hit approve) as no code like SMS option. 

secaz
Virtuoso

How about the latest horror show with the Android push notifications?  They have that damn SIREN button on them... and granted, there's a confirmation button that pops up if you accidentally hit the siren button, but when you are fumbling with your phone in the middle of the night...???  Yeah, going to fat finger  that CONSTANTLY and trigger sirens in error. 

How would Arlo respond to us decrying this feature?  "Remove the cover from your Arlo base station and cut the wires for the siren"... oh, but wait, no wires, siren soldered directly to board, lol...

Glad I back up the apk for the Android app before I install updates, can't count the number of times I've had to roll back to an earlier version...

pc2k17
Hero

1) Arlo execs on down to the "engineers" believe they are better than you and that you are too dumb to know what's good for yourself. That's the reason why there is no middle ground on their 2FA implementation. They will NEVER change their mind on their 2FA implementation.

2) Arlo doesn't care about existing customers. They know the security business typically has high turn over as people move to better systems when they can afford them. No one buys one security system and keeps it for 10-20 years. Arlo needs the young new consumer, and it's a good choice since it's a middle of the road system and usually a consumers first choice to start out with. If you can afford it, it may be time to move on.

3) When I bought my Arlo system, 5 cameras with rolling 7 days cloud storage of your recordings was free. And it's still free for me. I was shocked to find out they now charge new customers $10 a month. Anyone paying $10 a month should re-examine their financial decisions. This system is not worth $10 a month.

4) The only way to make Arlo feel the pain is for a mass canceling event to happen. If your not happy, cancel tonight. If you can't go without cameras, buy that new system this weekend and cancel asap. Without tens of thousands of cancelations, Arlo will never hear you (us). #cancelArlo

Good luck.

Gerald_Pottier
Fledgling

They need to allow | Add PC's to the trusted agents | device list. I refuse to use my phone to check my HOME BASED SECURITY SYSTEM, its not a phone based security system. I cannot and will not do 2 factor auth every time I have to use my PC to view video detection notices. FIX THIS SOON, or me and many other will leave this platform for something else. 

My arlo system is unusable now, I don't care if my phone says I got a new detection, if I cant view it off my PC then I am done with this,~ and I mean view off my pc as a trusted device, I will not use my phone to 2fa my HOME PC for my HOME security system, do you even know how retarded that sounds?

I will #cancelArlo if this is not fixed soon, get on this arlo, your stocks are already showing peoples anger, don't let this ruin a once great company. 

Gerald_Pottier
Fledgling

Add PC's to trusted Device list, its the title, pretty simple huh, get on it before #cancelArlo goes national quick. 

spyromike
Follower

Forgot to mention, I also oversee a portfolio of apartment properties. Many use Arlo. If this isn't fixed I'm going to replace Arlo at every one of them. I will not have on-site managers call me for the auth code every time they need to login to review video. Ridiculous.

Not allowing desktops to be added as permanent trusted devices shows your programming and features team need replacing. You can't compete with Ring and others with sub-par talent.

Angrydisappoint
Fledgling

FIX THIS NOW ARLO.