Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
itiscarollee
Aspirant

I wonder why that would work for you and not for me!  Maybe I have to enable it, get the subscription, then disable it yet again?  (and maybe that's why I can't get my payment tp complete?  )

Unable to disable.  Forced to have.  SO frustrating.  I've said before and will again, ARLO - better get your act together as you won't last much longer with an overprice product and service that doesn't deliver!  Look elsewhere, anywhere.  Setup a camcorder and you'll be better off!  F- ARLO 

dcfox1
Master

Don't know when you bought the cams, they may force it on newer customers. I had mine for a Year and never had a problem when I activated it and then turned off in December. 

D77king
Initiate

I cannot turn off 2FA and now every time I try to access my cams via my PC I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC.

hennesbe
Star

I wish I could turn these notifications off.  It's getting so  old listening to a bunch of crybabies

@D77king 

I cannot turn off 2FA and now every time I try to access my cams via my PC I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC.

This really isn't the place to debug problems, but it might help if you said why you can't turn off 2FA.

That works for many people, so it may be something at your end.

Where are you trying to do this and what happens?

Rwatking
Guide

There are some really arrogant people pretending to be experts on this thread! This is EXACTLY the place to go if you are having trouble with your ARLO gear!! Just look at the title of the thread!!!!  Regrettably, as Arlo's support is so pathetic and unhelpful we have to resort to helping one another, even if that means listening to one another's gripes.

Just for information, Arlo was taken over last year by Verisure who want to move everyone over to a subscription service. It seems that they are no longer interested in us Arlo users as they'd prefer us to be paying through the nose for their own gear with an expensive paid for subscription to go with it. They were basically only interested in taking some competition out of the market and running it down.

Nevertheless, recently I found their CEO, a nice man by the name of Franck Marteau, to be very helpful if you write to him personally about your problems with his products. I'm sure he'd be delighted to hear from you directly!

@Rwatking wrote:

There are some really arrogant people pretending to be experts on this thread!  This is EXACTLY the place to go if you are having trouble with your ARLO gear!! Just look at the f***Ing title of the thread!!!!

Please read the title of the section this message appears in.

It says "Arlo Idea Exchange". It is for people who want to ask Arlo to add a new feature to its devices, or even to suggest a new product.

It is not the area where people ask for and get help, That is what the rest of the community is for.

You can get some idea of how this area is set up differently from the rest by using the "Comment" feature. Here it quotes the first message. In the help areas it quotes the message you are replying to.

Please don't insult other people just because you don't know how the system works. And constantly posting the same message when someone upsets you is not much help to other people.

dcfox1
Master

Exactly, this isn't a complaint forum. 

Rwatking
Guide

Well the thing is chaps, de facto, there are a lot of people, like me, who are obviously not bright enough or enlightened enough, to see the distinction! Whatever the title of the thread or the section to which it belongs, there are a lot of fed up people posting here looking for a bit of help, hope and underrstanding with the sheer frustration that they experience with their Arlo products. They are not looking for some know it all to dismiss their posts in such a high handed manner. Perhaps you could use your Sensei and Master skills to point us all to somewhere that will provide a solution to our issues. In the meantime a bit of humility rather than arrogant dismissal would help