Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
RichCO
Onlooker

Agree dcfox...turned it back on due to warnings, but luckily some sharing positive experience that they turned back off without getting locked out like Arlo said they would do.  Doesn't solve the auto logout of the PC in a short time frame, which is the other half of the delay issues.  Thanks for the reminder...will solve half the issue right away.

hennesbe
Star

Have you see Facebook?

People just like to **bleep**!

ScotCamera
Luminary

I agree, just turn it off.  Arlo has been saying for almost a year now they are going to force it upon everyone but haven't done so yet. Personally I think the kids that run the software development haven't been able to figure that out.

RileyDylan
Follower

Arlo continues to roll out changes that don't work and grind their services and user experience to a halt.  I regret investing in Arlo each and every time.  Waste of money and time!  As I've experienced and stated time and again, the concept and marketing is good, however features continue to not work and function as advertised.  Settings don't stay retained.  Support is horrible.  This blog is even flawed and painful to submit (maybe by design to keep the facts reported down). Every page refresh requires a re-login and 2 step code.  Amateurs!  Highly recommend you solve your internal issues otherwise your customers will give your company bigger issues than your failure products. 

Alro continues to struggle to provide reliable and functioning features advertised along with some of the most basic functionality.   2-step log-in doesn't is severely inconvenient.  The website require it to be reentered every refresh of the page even after logged in.  More poor programming in inconveniences.  I don't feel any safer either as every time a code is sent (2) are sent.  This is just another bad error on Arlo's part.  Clearly them and their own employees don't use their own products otherwise I'm sure these programming 101 issues would be resolved and not left to exist for months or worse someone is hacked.

mitch_i
Guide

Thanks to some observant members on this forum, I decided a week or two ago to turn off 2FA and go back to my old method of using a Windows browser. That's much more convenient for me.  But today I got a warning from Arlo to turn it back on. Is it for real this time? I don't trust them anymore, so I guess I'll keep using the browser until it stops.

Anybody else?

macbillybob
Onlooker

They have not made me go back to 2FA yet. I doesn't matter anymore since I have said to hell with Arlo. I had just upgraded to Pro 3 for 3 of my cameras when Costco had a "deal". After the 90 day trial I decided it was not worth the grief or the money. Costco is fabulous and refunded my money even though it was a few days past the 90 days. Between the slow camera response, cost and this 2FA thing I bailed on them. Going to Ubiquiti hardware. I do still have a couple of Pro 2 cameras that give me free 7 day storage. Will use them somewhere.

RichCO
Onlooker

I just tried the App and yes, it is telling me to turn it on again.  That is why I turned it on the last time and then turned it off per recent post above.  I am going to leave it off this time. but can't say if that will limit me to access per the warning.

d0lphin
Apprentice

I continue to get those notices but I just ignore them. I have not, nor will I turn that stupid thing on. Everything is working ok so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

mdp454
Initiate

Well done Macbillybob! I think that's the way forward. I'm kind of stuck with Arlo for the time being but as soon as I'm able I'm going to ditch them. They have let us down badly and never respond to  questions.

I have already intoduced several new cameras and I'm running 'Blue Iris' software, it has amazing PTZ control & recording.

Blue Iris records 24/7 and playback just highlights segments where there's motion, awesome. Independence, value & control. Arlo has been an expensive mistake.