Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lower minimum siren duration

Currently the shortest duration I can configure the base station siren to is 1 minute. I would like to set the siren duration to something much shorter like a couple seconds. Maybe the siren would sound only as long as movement is detected.

I would really like to use my cameras to help train my pets when I am away. The siren could deter them from entering any area under observation by the motion sensor. I would prefer not to punish them with a minute long ear-splitting torture. Hopefully the lag would short enough for them to make the connection between cause and effect.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

waiiarlo
Fledgling

+1 on this, 3s, 5s, 10s, 30s, 45s would be very useful as well.

Bumbellina
Aspirant

Ditto the above. Just need a few seconds as then off to investigate as delivery drivers could be gone by the time I have checked the cameras on my phone.