Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments
juanmlopez23
Initiate
Its disappointing to experience the lack of information. The company is keeping its users busy thinking of how isolated this product has become instead of getting us to really continue exploring ideas to share. I am no developer, but I am an early adopter, and since Facebook, twitter and Google plus came into life, I've never experienced such a lack of communication from a tech company. The ARLO system is not inexpensive, and I feel the company is really not listening to the users, forcing us to look somewhere else for products that cater to our needs. I really feel you guys have a great product, and I would love to see arlo become #1. But at such a slow pace for feature releases, I highly doubt it. At least, I believe we deserve to hear an official communication from the company regarding its intentions regarding IFTTT integration and other systems (I.e. Smartthings).
rsvaught
Tutor
I would like IFTTT so that it would turn my cameras' motion detection on when I leave home and off when I come back. I do the reverse with lights. I like the other ideas in this thread as well.
mikisonline
Novice

+1 for IFTTT. I think it's not a nice to have, it's a must instead for a product like Arlo.

sdelmont
Follower

IFTTT support would be awesome

SmartThings too!

Just the ability to configure http hooks to be "pinged" when motion is detected would be enough.

And a way for third party services to call an arlo/netgear URL to change modes would be icing on the cake.

mkrieger
Tutor

I'd like to add my support for this feature. IFTTT would be a very useful feature.

jbrianmoses
Novice

IFTTT support is definitely necessary. Please send me an API and I will get it done for you. This is an easy fix.

mattpUK
Novice

You can kind of make it work now, set up the Email trigger channel and have Arlo send an alert to the IFTTT trigger address. This in turn can trigger anything else and is pretty much instant.

mattpUK
Novice

You can make it work, set up the Email channel and have Arlo send motion trigger alert to the IFTTT trigger address (your arlo account email needs to match the one it is expecting). The email trigger is pretty instant and I have it turning on the Hue lights, Belkin etc. from the Arlo. 

Bendavis
Aspirant

Yeah, not the same at all.

Can't turn on/off recording.

Can't get any data bout the event.

Arlo is almost less than worthless while they continue to ignore the community. In about a month I'm going to start going out of my way to rate this product on every site I can find and spread the word about how much this product team sucks. We need a revolt.

maxkatz
Aspirant

+1 for IFTTT support. I'd love to turn on Arlo cameras automatically when I arm my scoutalarm.com