Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments
Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oops.. i guess the ability to send IFTT triggers when cameras are triggered already exists!

elToro_
Aspirant

Very nice - thank you. Also, I got the lattest App Update on Android and saw that there is now a Geofencing Option (currently in Beta status). Thumps up! I really like this.

mikewho
Tutor
For everyone asking for local USB storage, there is a dedicated thread for that request so make sure you go comment in it and upvote it!

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/LOCAL-STORAGE/idi-p/1062093
primasilva
Aspirant

Hmm, I wonder if it's because I'm using the R7000 instead of a base station 😕

Lukas
Tutor

Yay!!!

T9001
Star

Your IFTTT integration is a start, but it's not really useable yet. I can only chose the built-in "Arm" mode, but none of my custom modes. That would be ok if I could EDIT the "Arm" mode to add the cross-camera recording that is necessary due to the lag. I need to either select one of my custom modes, or be able to add more rules to the default "Arm" mode. Does anyone test any of this in a real world setting?

T9001
Star

Your IFTTT integration is a start, but it's not really useable yet. I can only chose the built-in "Arm" mode, but none of my custom modes. That would be ok if I could EDIT the "Arm" mode to add the cross-camera recording that is necessary due to the lag. We need to either select custom modes, or be able to add more rules to the default "Arm" mode. Does anyone test any of this in a real world setting?

yozh
Aspirant
Yeah ARM/DISARM seems to be system wide and not camera specific. Which is an issue for me since I have 2 cameras in different places where I need to keep one all the time while the other can be turned off based on my location. Also things like sending a snapshot when motion detected and do button integration seem to be completely missing.

It is a good start agree 100%, but not really too useful at the moment, in my case senarios.
RobertRosal
Virtuoso

toqy wrote:
A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

It is already available.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes