Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments
ScottF
Guide

I can't believe this isn't part of Arlo already... Netgear what are you waiting for?

froder
Tutor

Arlo Team, dou you have a status about IFTTT integration... more than 6 months from first IFTTT request, more than 80 kudos, more than 100.000 views, and no response... please, this is a must have feature...

WhiteCubes
Novice

+1

PhilLEX
Fledgling

IFTTT would allow you to be the FRONT END to trigger many other smart home and office products -- (e.g. - if motion at front door turn on lights), and, without it actions cannot be used to trigger you (e.g. - if door opened, vault opened, Amazon Echo requested, control changed, etc. then record motion for 30 seconds).

To be a part of a truly "smart" enviornment, this is easily the quickest, and most supported, methods to place yourself in the absolute mainstream and infinately improve the usefullness of Alro.

Please consider this tie in.

tjbaugh
Novice

+1

dase
Tutor

Yes, I'm really wishing this was part of the system already. Not having the ability to auto turn on/off motion detection based on who is home means a lot more notifications than I would like.

Bendavis
Aspirant
This is really a must have. It's sad it's not there
DavidWhelan
Aspirant

+1

poweratom
Guide

@Av3ng3 wrote:

I can't believe that a company that's been around as long as Netgear...

I'd love for Netgear's Arlo team to act more like a startup and do things outside of the box. The camera/system is a great start. I was quite disappointed (or surprised) that IFTTT & geofencing isn't part of the software already. But let's keep pushing for it. These seem like obvious features (though I'm not sure how the tech stack is layed out on the serverside to scale this).

HeatherABC
Apprentice

+1