Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments
XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's near useless for those of us that keep an outdoor camera on.  DISARM does not give us the option.  And ARM is hopeless as you get only 1 rule per camera.  Implement Custom Modes.

Even ARM and DISARM have not worked for months.  Netgear support is utterly hopeless.  I have worked in development and support for 30 years.  This can't be that hard to solve.  This is an issue of priority.  Netgear are just not putting any resources on the morphism to solve it.

cst555
Aspirant

IFTTT seems to not work for me - can it be fixed please? Also implement custom mode selection please.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo do not appear to have understood that ARM and DISARM are useless to many of us.  When we are Home we switch off internal cameras but leave external cameras on.  This should be a common use case.  ARM and DISARM do not support this use case.  Please stop implementing solutions that only support ARM and DISARM.  We need support for all modes.

This item has been open for years with several related threads and hundreds of comments.  Please give it consideration.