Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

We are excited to let the community know that IFTTT integration has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing IFTTT Integration

JamesC
Community Manager

We are excited to let the community know that IFTTT integration has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing IFTTT Integration

JamesC
Community Manager

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

We are excited to let the community know that the Geofencing Beta has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing Geofencing Beta

JamesC
Community Manager

JamesC
Community Manager

Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice

GOOD JOB NETGEAR!!! THANK YOU!

keep up the good work!

couple more suggestions:

allow us to chose besides just Armed/Disarmed modes

allow Arlo to SEND IFTT triggers based on camera motion detection/triggering!

another larger product suggestion: allow motion detection to work when system is NOT armed, (dont record, but allow motion detection to send IFTT triggers as mentioned above, so, for example, smart lights can turn ON when I enter a room where my camera is, without the need to record video!)

and of course.. local storage via USB-attached hard drive would make this the best product on the market.  

RegDawg
Apprentice

If they aded the USB HD option, that would be awesome. I actually would purchase another set of cameras so every angle of my home (indoor/outdoor) is covered. 

primasilva
Aspirant

Are you going to make it work for the wireless cameras?

Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice

works perfectly with wireless cameras for me 🙂