Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments
froder
Tutor

how is possible a company like Netgear just place all customers to the garbage????

let's be clear..

INCLUDE IFTTT INTEGRATION RIGHT AWAY...

Am I clear now? 

croldan27
Novice

I think I read on the community board that Arlo will be compatible with IFTTT technology...is this true? It would be great if I could set up a rule that if someone is walking up to my door my Amazon echo would notify me. 

Feste97
Tutor

That Techhive article looks promising. It's not yet the end of December so maybe Netgear may surprise us. The Arlo app was updated at least twice in the last few weeks, including a fairly substantial one yesterday to allow integration with the new Arlo Q. I would hazard a guess that has been their main focus of late since there seems to have also been significant demand for a wired solution.

What Arlo does, it does well, so I am hopeful IFTTT support will be with us before too long, otherwise I am sure Netgear realise that will have a short-lived product line on their hands. I would argue that the whole IoT market is still fairly immature, and in particular the security cam side of things, but the Arlo offering does appear to have a solid foundation for growing the product line. Equally, Netgear can't sit on its hands, so I understand the frustrations of my fellow Arlo consumers. As a relative newcomer, I will be showing some more faith for a little more time to come. SmartThings/Z-Wave integration would also be definite advantages.

tobias_vorberg
Fledgling

I need IFTTT support to start arlo motion detection mode via IFTTT. THX

ihaveworms
Fledgling
IFTTT definitely should have been supported by now. I want to trigger recording by other external means.
sbt99
Fledgling

Picked up a 5 camera system today, and was disappointed to see no IFTTT support, and further saddened that it's probably because Netgear wants to make more money off of subscriptions and other services. Plus, with no local storage, what happens if (really, when) the Arlo service goes away?

I'll wait to unbox these for the return period... if there isn't movement on these issues, this is going back.

platron
Star
+1 for IFTTT or really any sort of API. Personally, what I would like to do is change camera modes to match home/away status of a conventional alarm system.
Savoie
Aspirant

Needs IFTTT and Smartthings integration to be great.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas