Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant full administrative rights to another user

There is no reason why my wife shouldn't have the same level of access on her account so that can modify every setting. In our current scenario, she has to log in with my account to modify settings.

Please enable this functionality to allow for one or many administrators.

Thank you

Comments
Arvada
Follower

I would like to see serious consideration given to enhancing the granting access section.  Currently the there are some features even friends shouldn't have and oddly there are features that are restricted that might be valuable but are not options.

1. I have two Go cameras set on bee hives.  They have been useful in monitoring our bees.  We have numerous friends who like to tune in to the activity.  However, as a side security featrue, I have motion detection set up in case people or animals stray too close.  Those that have been granted "friend" non administrative access are now tethered to these alerts and before you know it, they are ALL being notified of motion.  This is really not ideal.

2. On the other hand it would be nice if non admin friends could be granted microphone access if we are teaching or live streaming (which is a whole additional request).  So what to do?   Here are my thoughts....

1. Create a toggle board that allows the admin to select which features are accessible to the camera.  This will allow far more dimensional access levels than the 2/3 options we are currently given.  Toggle features should include being included in motion alerts, microphone access, cloud recording access for those of us with subscriptions, or the abiltiyt to record but to your local phone or device.

2. Consider expanding schedules to allow times friends can access the camera and times you want your friends gone.  This is useful as 24 hour access can get a little old.  Set ranges like "friends" can see the cameras from 9-5 M-F....and so on.

3. Consider adding a temp friend request.  One that is available for a limited time window then expires.

The use of the Go camera's cellular capabilities with a solar panel means these can be set up in ANY rural location and the possibilities for use beyond security are limitless.  

This means Neatgear developers need to start expanding capabilities to embrace the uses we are coming up with.

My thoughts.....

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

jecco74
Novice

I agree. There should be a way to have multiple user with full access.

adambean
Luminary

Is this something Netgear can address? 

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager

Currently, using Grant Access with "Allow Access Rights" enabled is the most that can be granted to a shared account.

Take a look here for a list of privileges: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

If you would like to see this feature enhanced, I encourage the community to continue to support the idea by adding Kudos.

JamesC

RJAced
Novice

I have a 2 camera system inside of my studio apartment for purely security reasons. I set up my system to arm when I leave my apartment. I live alone but would like my girlfriend to be able to come and go as she likes. I do not want recordings of things that I am fully aware of and neither does she. I would grant her access to my system but I also do not want to be watched in my own home either. It would be nice to have more flexibility with what privileges are given to added people on the account. For example: providing someone access to only be able to turn the system on and off but not watch any recorded videos, watch live video, or change any settings.

Profshorthair
Follower

Agreed. The Arlo system is unworkable in households with more than one person. How is my wife supposed to arm/disarm the camera when I'm already out?

JamesC
Community Manager

Profshorthair,

This can be done by utilizing the Grant Access feature. Take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

NMLiz
Novice

Yes, PLEASE!!!! This is my biggest complaint, which may make me go to Ring instead for future purchases. My partner and I both need FULL admin rights. Sometimes one of us is not available, and the other one needs to be able to change motion or audio settings due to high winds, etc.

Cjsteel
Novice

Agreed. I would like my wife to be able to set off the alarm.