Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant access to microphone without requiring full access rights

Please add the ability to Grant access to microphones for 2-way talk without requiring "access rights". (Would be nice if this could be a separate check box option for each device)

I think it is crazy that I can give the teenagers access to camera and even the alarm, but for them to use the microphone to talk to someone at the door, I have to give them access to change modes and delete recordings.
Comments
Sicplano
Onlooker

I second this request. I was also wanting to add my 18 year old as a user which could view live camera feeds, receive notifications, view motion clips (but not delete), set off the alarm in an emergency and also use microphone function. Yet not allow her access to modes or any system configuration options.  It would be useful if there were the ability to a la carte select features assignable to a given user via checkboxes or radio buttons. 

JoelVS
Novice

I second that!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

thechanclan
Onlooker

Ditto for me too. Definitely don’t want the kids to have full access rights but microphone only access would be great.