Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

‘Google Nest Hub’ voice announcement when there is movement

Is there any way that I can get my ‘Google Nest Hub Max’ to make a voice announcement when there is movement on my installed Arlo Ultra cameras, instead of having to rely on my iPhone/iWatch to inform me?  I was hoping that I could receive a voice announcement in real time via the ‘Google Nest Hub Max’ so I know that there is someone at the front door!

Or is this only possible with the Arlo video doorbell/camera?  Thinking of purchasing the Arlo wireless Video doorbell/camera when available, but only if it's going to provide me with a voice announcement in real time via the ‘Google Nest Hub Max’ AND there is no noticeable lag/delay.  If not then there will be no benefit in getting one.  Thanks 🙂

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Carlton_,

Currently you can only view your Arlo cameras with Google Assistant. The announcement is only available on the Arlo Video Doorbell when the doorbell is pressed. You can read more about it here: How do I view an Arlo camera with the Google Assistant?

But thanks for sharing this idea! I've moved your post to the Idea Exchange board where the development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented.