Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geolocation / IFTTT custom modes / improvements

Hi,

I am genuinely excited to see geolocation and IFTTT has been implemented, and yes I know its still 'Beta' but while it is still work in progress i would like to suggest a couple of improvements....

1) You need to support multiple devices. it makes no sense to have the cameras arm as I leave for work, only to get tons of videos of my wife leaving 10 minutes later.

You need to check for all devices to be out of the area before arming the cameras.

2) It should be possible to schedule 'geolocation' control.

Currently geolocation cannot be included in the schedule, which means i need to change the mode manually if like me you set them on during the night when you go to bed.

3) IFTTT - support 'custom' modes.

Currently you can only choose the standard armed or disarmed modes, you need to include for custom modes as well as being able to select gelolocation mode..

This would mean you could use the 'do' trigger to change mode quickly, helping to ease the pain of issue 2.

Overall though i have to say i am impressed with the additional functionality, but please Netgear, keep us informed of what you are working on!!!!

Kind Regards

Nick

Comments
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

karmatt
Novice
+1! This would be a very welcomed addition. To only use schedule and geolocation is not working very well with several family members.
Thyg0d
Apprentice

Custom modes in IFTTT is a MUST! Or let me change all the preprogrammed settings.. 

StretfordEnder
Apprentice
I live with my girlfriend. We have geofencing switched on for our two iPhones. Currently it’s hit and miss. Appreciate it’s in beta but more often than not it doesn’t work. However, let’s assume you get first in last out to work reliably in the future.

We have cameras outside and inside our home.

I’d like ability to use geofencing from say 7am to dusk and then an “evening” mode until I turn our Lifx bulbs off and at that time switch to “in bed” mode. Must be way of doing this via IFTTT or add some functionality into the app or IFTTT channel. At the moment IFTTT only arms/disarms. Doesn’t allow access to other user-created modes.
RC75
Novice

Another vote for custom modes for IFTTT.

Would definitely be beneficial to making a system that is suited for MY needs.

Please let this group of individuals know IF and WHEN this is planned to be implemented.

It seems there is too much interest in this to just ignore or dismiss this.

Thanks.

NtgearUser444
Fledgling

How does this even work? What if I were to rename the armed mode? How does it know which mode is the armed mode?

Thyg0d
Apprentice

You can't rename armed mode 

I am just starting to use IFTTT.  If Netgear would add "Scheduled" to the Arlo Applet then you could use all of the custom modes within the schedule and have IFTTT Arlo Applet could set the mode to turn on the scheduler.  This would be a good start before making personal custom modes available.  That would be nice but I would atleast like to see the ability to select "Scheduled" from the Arlo Applet.

p3ter
Novice

+1 for this one.

I also need to be able to configure our arlo cams to go back into schedule mode (or any other custom mode)

Arlo_Username
Fledgling

Yes this function is very much needed!