Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

Alan_in_YYC,

This is likely an issue with special characters in your iphone's name. The default name generally contains an apostrophe (JamesC's Iphone). Change this to something without special characters (JamesCIphone) and try going through geofencing setup again.

JamesC

Alan_in_YYC
Fledgling

Thank you JamesC. That solved the problem!

Alan

amydanner
Fledgling

I too had this problem! I was FINALLY able to it to see both my old phone and new phone (both labeled identically). I was just going to deal with the fact that there were two listed, but then the Netgear tech signed in to my account to "fix" something, and now both phones show up, but then the new phone immediately disappears. I have renamed my current phone (as suggested above), saved, and retried, but I am still seeing the "disappearing" iphone listed and it isnt my new phone name. At this point I just want to delete the account and start over- that has to work right?!? This is extremely frustrating because it is wearing down my phone battery everytime I move about my house because I am getting notifications. I had NO issues with geofensing until my new phone and am SUPER surprised to hear that geofensing is STILL in beta (as it was a year ago based on this comment feed alone).

fbates
Fledgling

Upgraded to a new iPhone, and had the same problem. My old (and reset/wiped) iPhone still showed in the devices list but was unchecked, and the new phone briefly displayed under the geofencing devices, but vanished before I could select it. I renamed the new phone as  described above, and after a reset, it correctly displayed in the list of connected devices. The old phone still shows, but it's unselected. It would be nice to delete it, but the functionality has been restored.

DBinNC
Novice

I am having the same issue. My old phone and new iPhone both show up in devices. My old phone is unchecked and my new phone is checked, however the geofencing doesn’t recognize my new phone and my system stays armed even when my new phone is in the designated area. Please step up efforts to correct this and other simple items. We have all payed a fair amount of money for your system and I personally pay for the premier plan. I shouldn’t have to wait three+ months for support to correct bug issues like this.

SFEERO
Initiate

My wife bought a new phone.  It will not geofence.  Location services are on, we are on the same WIFI, her new phone is checked, I have deleted and re-installed the app, deleted her as an authorized user then resubmitted, everything.  Her phone is still showing "unavailable".  What is the fix for this.

lgingras
Novice

This still not being fixed is absolutely ridiculous.

iGoldenEye
Star

My wife and I purchased new iPhone X's and aside from all of the old phones still showing in the device menu, geofencing is completly broken with both new phones mever changing from "unavailable." I can't even submit a message to Arlo support as I get an error on the website. what is going on ? my premium price device is now broken.

Only
Fledgling

This really needs to be fixed, just owning a Q plus for 2 days and Geofencing is already annoying me because it doesnt work..even with geofencing off, it still doesnt record when I get home..so some might say, just delete the phones/zone from Geofencing so it cant be triggered..but no..not with Arlo..even if you only enter the edit screen from geofencing it automaticly sets your phone on on again..

This is just to stupid for words..

I want to remove my phones from the Geo screen, if not..this cam is going back asap!

JamesC
Community Manager

iGoldenEye,

"unavailable" suggests your mobile device cannot be located. Are you leaving the Arlo mobile app signed in and running along with location enabled?

JamesC