Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
Linusl
Luminary

@Goodnabr I would say this is the product owner or product teams fault and not customer service. They just have to work with what they got. 

@justason 

Sounds terrible. Can you share a screenshot of how it looks in the app under settings and on geo settings (last part of that page / bottom).

CoolPap
Novice

I Granted Access to my son and added his phone to Geofencing.  Upon returning from overseas, I unchecked his phone in Push Notifications and deleted him from Granted Access.  There is no way to delete his phone from the Push Notifications screen.  A year later he is still getting a notification when my Geofencing Mode changes.

I have contacted support on 3 occasions and they have no way to remove him.

They suggested putting in this request.

CoolPap
Novice

Sorry, I meant to also be able to DELETE a user from the Geofencing Enabled Mobile Devices, also.

dazednconfuzd
Aspirant

I have two listings of my wife's phone under enabled devices and I can't delete them. I'm sure it's messing up my Geo Fencing because it's not working right either. Can someone please help with this? Thanks!

evil_splorp
Observer

FYI:

Don't bother using Geofencing. They either cannot or will not address this issue.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Aside from GeoFencing- devices not working - also notification is not consistent and may have something to do with logging off automatically

zorrosam
Fledgling

how does is it possible that in 2020 we cannot remove from the cloud DB the lost or broken devices from GEO-FENCING option? ARLO wake up ... you are not so cheap to motivate these mistakes ... you know what does it mean customer experience?

evil_splorp
Observer

Zorrosam,

The data isn't in the cloud. It's in the base unit. They will not allow access to that unit, nor will they provide a method to remove old devices. The feature is unusable once you upgrade your phone. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

what if we delete the device and start over, will that do it?

evil_splorp
Observer

Dgener, 

Delete what device? One you add a device for the geofencing, it's there for good.