Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
JM325
Aspirant

I Have five devices " Samsung S-10 " showing in Geofencing.  I only have one!!!!. How do I delete the other four? Does any one know the secret....

Thanks.

FLudolph
Onlooker
My wife's phone is listed twice, two entries for the same phone, not one old/one new. As a result geofencing isn't working. I need to be able to remove either one or both entries for my wife's phone. If I de-select one and click "Done", both of my wife's entries are deselected (only my phone remains). If I re-select one and click "Done" both are reselected. Note that one has a dark gray location marker (being tracked, right?) and is shown as "out of zone," which it is not. The other entry has a very light gray location entry and has no indication of either "In zone" or "Out of zone." Apparently it is not being tracked and so geofencing is never triggered as we move about. So it would seem that being able to remove my wife's phone entries is the only way to get geofencing to work. Or maybe I could create a new account, attach the camera to the new account, and go from there. Or maybe I could just can the Arlo camera and get one from a more responsive company as this issue (being unable to remove entries) has existed since 2016. But I would rather they just fix the issue.
cranda15
Novice

Update:

It is 12/3/2019 and this issue still exist!  Sad as the first comment/question in this thread was 9/12/16.  3 years later and it is still an issue!

RSC1
Apprentice

It doesn’t qualify. Nobody has brought it up in a very long time. I don’t know that it has an adversely affect on functionality. 

FLudolph
Onlooker
RSC1 - It does have an adverse affect I'm my case. Read my comment above. Geofencing isn't working because my wife's phone has two entries for the same phone. The entries are linked, i.e., selecting one causes the other to be selected (after clicking Done and then re-editing) but only one is tracked, the one that is permanently marked "out of zone," while the other is not tracked at all and so can never leave/enter the zone when the physical phone does.
RSC1
Apprentice

How did you get two entries for the same phone? My wife’s are two different phones, but were on the same Apple account. 

FLudolph
Onlooker
Not sure how we got two entries for the same phone. I believe that when we were having some issues I removed her and invited her again. I know it is the same phone because she has not upgraded since we bought the camera.
evil_splorp
Observer

I have an additional issue on top of old devices. The main Geofencing edit page shows 4 enabled devices under the 'Enabled Mobile Devices' section. When I click into it, only 2 devices have the green check marks. If I uncheck and save changes, the Geofencing edit page will say I have 2 enabled devices. If I re-enable the ones I want enabled, the main page, again, says I have 4 enabled devices.

So, I have invisible enabled devices. 

Any suggestions for this issue would be gladly accepted. 

JM325
Aspirant

Hi Evil_Splorp (Novice),

If I understand:: I also have ( 5 ) devices showing. I have a S-10 and Geofencing showing in it ( 5 ) times. At the top it should show you device ( Phone )  to the right of it ( This Device ) and to the right of it ( IN ZONE ). Click on that one ( Device ) and it will show a green dot with an arrow to the left of it. Make sure no other device it check. Click done. Go back to main interface ( Page ). On that page should show ( 1 ) Enabled Mobile Device. Go down to Push Notification and click in to that page. It should show all your device listed. Click on your device " should be at the top and next to it ( This Device ). Click on it and again should show a green dot with a arrow to the left. Click done. I have tried contacting ARLO with no response. I believe you might have to delete your profile ( E-Mail , Password and start over again. Those other devices are in your profile and ARLO have to write in the program ( Software ) to remove them.  Hope this help. ( ALL THE WAY 325 ! ). 

barkerc
Initiate
In Arlo app, Mode Geofencing, in edit mode, Enabled Mobile Devices: I see my iPhone, plus 3 other iPhones identified as my partner’s phone (3 duplicates), but currently they are NOT a friend in the main settings. How do I delete these ‘orphans’ and when I add my partner again how do I know which one is ‘real’?