Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feature request : Push notifications as part of a rule

Would it be possible to have push notifications as part of a rule? I only want ro receive push notifications if a rule is triggered.

So the functionality I want is this:

From 0:00 to 07:20 - Record video and push notification (No one should be in my office)

From 07:20 to 08:00 - Record video - but no push notifications (Staff start to enter the office)

From 08:00 to 17:00 - No action

From 17:00  to 17:20 - Record video - but no push notifications (Staff start to leave office)

From 17:20 to 23:59 - Record video and push notifications (No one should be in my office)

Without this the push notifications just become spammy and annoying.

Comments
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning jameswright,

I am glad you brought this up! Our Product Development team reviews the idea exchange board for desired enhancements for future releases. I will move this post to our Idea Exchange board for consideration! Also be sure to Kudo the idea to give it more weight! Keep the ideas coming! Thanks.

Deann S

Arlo Team

jameswright
Tutor

Where is the idea exchange board? Is that something we can see?

jameswright
Tutor
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

@jameswright Happy you found it! Any time you have any other great ideas, please do not hesitate to post them here.

Deann S

Arlo Team

scrytch
Star
Yes please. About to disable push notifications completely if this is not implemented. Driving me crazy.

Can we be notified if this idea is implemented?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Nighty01
Apprentice

I use Flow like that:

Cam 1 trigger video 1+2 and do a push notification

Cam 2 trigger video 2+1 and do a push notification

Now I got 2 push notifications each time. Great would be an option

"Do Push only if Cam X not already rec." on the rule.

Advantage: you can come from Pos 1 and walk thru Cam 1 and seconds later in the vision of Cam 2 with only one push notification.

But you get a push later if someone starts from Pos 2 going thru Cam 2 and then a few seconds later into the trigger of Cam 1

Atm. this is not possible.

Amozarte
Fledgling
Agreed. When I'm home (geo-fence) I still want the camera to record video if motion is detected (i.e. armed), but I don't want a push notification. For example when I let the dog out or I'm asleep I don't want to be harassed with push notifications, but I would still want to capture video in case an intruder passed in front of the camera. On the other hand, if I am away from the house (ex. at work during the day) and the cam detects motion, I DO want the push notification.

Basically I always want the camera's motion detection armed, but I want to push notifications controlled by the geo-fence.

Unfortunately, right now push notifications are an all or nothing affair. I can either have the system armed and get push notifications always, I can have the system armed and never get push notifications, or I can have the system disarmed. I want to be option to be able to arm the system, and record video based on motion, but NOT get push notifications- based on the geo-fence.
JamesC
Community Manager

Amozarte,

This can be done by creating a custom mode containing custom rules for motion detection (but no push notifications). Set the custom mode to your Geofencing "Home" mode and set the "Away" mode to "Armed".

JamesC