Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feature Request: IFTTT / Stringify Temperature Integration For Arlo Baby

I can set actions in IFTTT or Stringify when motion is detected but would like temperature integration for the Arlo Baby Cam

e.g. As a user I would like my Nest Thermostat to turn on when Arlo Baby Cam detects that temperature drops lower than 17degrees in the nursery.

I can currently use IFTTT to send alerts when motion/audio detected or low battery reported but temperature/humidity/air quality isn’t connected up to IFTTT yet.

Comments
Goooku
Aspirant

I would like the same feature. I actually thought it was possible and it is one of the reasons why I bought Arlo baby 😉

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Goooku
Aspirant

Thank you ShayneS!

casanabria
Novice

I would also like this feature.

Klaperruque
Fledgling

I’d like this feature as well please

Dbrobes
Novice

+1 for me as well. Just bought the camera and assumed that the IFTTT compatibility extended to the temp sensor since the sensor displays in Homekit. Please make this available in IFTTT for action with thermostats. 

Mfish
Onlooker

Please Heart the issue above to give it some visibility

Jorge932
Novice

+1 any update?

Eaglescout1987
Fledgling

+1 for me on this. No idea why you can’t use the temperature in the Arlo Baby to trigger actions like turning on a smart plug. Would be great to get that added as soon as possible. 

Goooku
Aspirant

Edit on my previous comments:

before activating any ifttt trigger it would be even better to have a correct temperature recorded. 

It is always off by 1 to 3 degrees Celsius. 

I noticed it because the sensor measured 21 but it was cold. I then checked with a more accurate one and found it was 18...