Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Drone

Does anyone know of plans for a home security drone being connected to the arlo system?  When motion is tripped a drone takes off from a home charging pad and circles the property and records and films any intruder.  Please let me know.

Comments
Helmet74
Follower

I posted a few months ago asking if anyone knew if Netgear has plans to add a home security drone to the system.  No one answered.  I just watched a video intro to the Get Safe diy home security system and its very impressive.  Full on base unit that connects to home router.  3m adhesive door sensors, alarm siren, interior and exterior camera systems and the option to have diy monitoring or pay extra for professional monitoring of your system with NO 3 to 5 year contract to sign.  

Whats keeping me from getting the Get Safe system is the exterior cameras.  They look like crap.  Not HD.  Poorly designed.  Check it out yourselfs at there website.

Does Netgear plan to get into the home security business??  I hope so.  Add on some door sensors and a siren and expand the arlo app for this.Netgears cameras are way better than the others.  

While your at it Netgear please attach a home security drone to the system.  When motion is tripped the drone takes off from charging pad and follows and records motion and alerts user.  

Someone please let me know if these things are in the works, otherwise if they are not i think Netgear is missing a very lucrative opportunity.

JamesC
Community Manager

Helmet74,

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. While I do not have any information on this particular topic at this time, we greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation.

I encourage you to continue offering valuable feedback and continue to support good ideas by giving Kudos.

Thank you,

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager

Helmet74,

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. While I do not have any information on this particular topic at this time, we greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation.

I encourage you to continue offering valuable feedback and continue to support good ideas by giving Kudos.

Thank you,

JamesC

mopperle
Tutor

Bringing up this topic again:

after excellent experience with 3 Arlo pro camers, are there any plans to add other types of hardware to your product range,

like controlling other hardware (lights) etc.?

JamesC
Community Manager

mopperle,

There are many integrations that can be done through our various partners.

You might consider taking a look at the Arlo IFTTT channel to see if a recipe exists for the interaction you are looking for.

JamesC

jchan24
Fledgling

Looking to mount my Arlo Pro onto a tank or rover type car that I can control over wifi.  Arlo Pro is already wireless and fairly lightweight.  Just need to add the vehicle and pan/tilt.  Needs to have charge docking capabilities and would be nice to have auto docking feature.  Please make this as it would be a great addition for home security.

gsewing
Guide

The idea subject is self explanatory