Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Door and Window Sensors to Activate Base Station Siren

Door and window sensors to trigger alarm... Pet owners would appreciate it. Cameras are not good alarm triggers. it would be helpful to have Arlo products and accessories working with other Arlo products and accessories. No use in using IFTTT and SmartThings and other hubs and integrating other systems when all we need is one particular accessory.
Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

Xichlo
Luminary

Great idea, we had local vandles ringing doorbells and breaking windows. Helped Neighbor install Arlo 4 Pro Cam set up. His cam's caught them at night for Sheriff Report, My cam's caught them during daylight sneaking around. Now have names and addresses, have talked to parents, got one to confess and tell who broke window for Sheriff and Neighbors Insurance company to hopefully go after them. A wireless window senser would really be great to trigger cam's, and could even be used to protect Vehicle windows

Jacattack
Fledgling

I would surely like this. Today my toddler walked out the back door without us knowing. A chime or chirp or siren would have been great!