Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disarmed Notification for a certain amount of time

I would love an option where arlo would remind me when my cameras are disarmed for a certain amount of time.  I often disarm my cameras when I am out shoveling the drive way or mowing the lawn.  I often forget to re-arm the cameras when I am done and miss recording activity.  It would be great to have an option to have arlo send me a notification if my camera has been disarmed for more than X hours.

Comments
Innis
Onlooker

Hope there is a mute option for Arlo camera.

For example, sometimes family members will active in front of the camara for 30 min or 1 hr. We don't want to disarm arlo cause it's easy to forget to switch it back. But the notifications are so annoy.  So I was thinking: why there isn't an option which can put the arlo system  'MUTE for 30 min or any specifed time'.  After that time, it will switch back to the normal armed and notification mode.

rw3837
Follower

The mobile app needs a "Mute" button.  "Mute for 30 minutes";  "Mute for 1 hour"; "Mute for 6 hours"; etc.

This way it stops sending me motion notifications, but will automatically turn back on after the specified time.

rw3837
Follower

Most of the time the notifications to my cell phone are ok.  But when the wind is blowing hard it causes the trees or bushes to set off the motion detection which send me a notification via push to my phone.

On a windy day this will drive me crazy!!  I've gotten over 84 mobile notifications in the past hour!! 

The mobile app needs a "Mute" button.  "Mute for 30 minutes";  "Mute for 1 hour"; "Mute for 6 hours"; etc.

This way it stops sending me motion notifications, but will automatically turn back on after the specified time.

I know you can permanently disable the notifications via:  https://kb.arlo.com/1019297/How-do-I-set-up-notifications-or-alerts but then I have to remember to go back and turn them on.

Plus, with Android 9 Pie and the new Arlo app I am unable to change the notification sounds. 

Thanks! 

Dbensette
Luminary

The setting is now there! Go to the settings in your arlo app...

ther
Onlooker
Which setting, specifically?
Dbensette
Luminary

The “mute notifications” setting...

thorntonp
Aspirant

Where exactly?  There's nbothing I can see using current version of app.

I should be within the pop up notification  -  hard press or swipe down for options to mute for 30 mins, 60 mins 90 mons etc 

Dbensette
Luminary

It’s right in the settings of the iOS app.

it says “mute notifications”...

then gives the options of 30min, 1 hour, 3 hours, or 24 hours

ther
Onlooker
I don't see it yet @Dbensette. Are you using beta version of the app? I tried looking for updates but don't have any. I am on 2.7.10(91) released on May 28, 2019.
Dbensette
Luminary

That’s the same version I am on... it just showed up this evening though