Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disarmed Notification for a certain amount of time

I would love an option where arlo would remind me when my cameras are disarmed for a certain amount of time.  I often disarm my cameras when I am out shoveling the drive way or mowing the lawn.  I often forget to re-arm the cameras when I am done and miss recording activity.  It would be great to have an option to have arlo send me a notification if my camera has been disarmed for more than X hours.

Comments
wayneph
Aspirant

I know this is two years old, but it really would be a nice feature.  While the snooze button in the app would be a nice feature, I would like to propose a secondary option.

I would optionally like to see a setting in the rules where I can configure the cameras to keep recording like normal, but only alert once every 30 minutes or something like, or only alert after a 5 minuts "gap" in detection.  Like the original suggestion, my main use is for when the yard comapny comes.  As they mow the lawn, I get alerts on all cameras repetitively until they finish.  Some sort of delay on alerts would be a very welcome addition.

theromit
Guide

I have geolocation enabled with my Arlo Pro camera system and added my wife as a participant in the geolocation feature. That way, if one of us is at home, motion detection is disabled. 

However, there is a situation where we would like to pause notifications - kids come home with their nanny in the afternoon and for a few hours, they are at home with the nanny even though geolocation shows the mode to be "away". We want motion to be detected (in case there is any situtation that we need to react to) but we want the incessant notifications to be paused. 

Can you please enable a "pause" feature *just* for the notifications? Thanks! 

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

wayneph
Aspirant

Hopefully this gets more traction this time.  I've seen this on here before and they recently closed one I had voted for because it didn't get enough votes.  Too bad they can't just combine them (and the unique votes) to keep credit for the old votes.

JamesC
Community Manager

wayneph,

Can you provide a link to the duplicate idea exchange post? I will merge it with this one.

JamesC

wayneph
Aspirant

Sorry, it took me a while to get back here.  This is the archived request I was talking about: Push alerts with preview and snooze action.

seanwattson--
Aspirant

I have geolocation enabled with my Arlo Pro camera and added my wife as a participant in the geolocation feature. That way, if one of us is at home, motion detection is disabled.  Just like my snapchat and imo for pc i was get lots of emails from these sites then I've found the solution and then disabled snapchat and imo notification from the site.

amberlina202
Onlooker

I'm so glad I found this post. I came to Arlo after previously having 2 Canary's (Orig & Flex) and this is the main thing they had that I miss so much! I miss it so much it really has me reconsidering my move to arlo :'( because I really like the form factor and scalability of the arlo eco system. 

My main use for having a "Pause Notification" function is that I Iive in an apartment and when maintenance comes in, I want to be able to know when they are there and have the system keep recording as they do their thing. As it works now, If I have it in Away mode, then it sends a gazillion notifications while they are moving around and if I change the Mode, it iterrupts the recording. With Canary system would let me know there was movement, and would keep recording, but wouldn't send any additional notifications after you cleared the notification.

To TPTB- Please, Please, Please add this feature, it would make your system so much more user friendly!