Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Delay Activation of Light While Recording

I would like to see the ability to have the camera, upon detection of movement, record for a few seconds before the light is activated. This would allow discreet recording of a possible intruder before tipping him off to the camera by the light coming on.

With the simultaneous activation of recording and light activation,  an intruder might turn and leave and while that is good, having some footage of him would be additionally beneficial.

Even a 3-5 second delay would be helpful

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Eltee,

You can refer to the Arlo Foresight feature to let you see what triggered a motion event before it even happened. You can read more about it here: How does the Foresight feature work on my Arlo camera?

Eltee
Aspirant

The linked information on Foresight does not list my Arlo Pro 4 as a camera this function is available on. Also, on those cameras that Foresight applies to you must have it wired to power as the battery or solar panel are not able to work with Foresight.

Foresight would be what I was looking for if my camera was on that was listed and if I didn't need to have it wired up. If Arlo could enable that or a similar function (the delay on light activation) without a wired power supply it would be ideal.

THANK YOU.

StephenB
Guru

@Eltee wrote:

The linked information on Foresight does not list my Arlo Pro 4 as a camera this function is available on

It is available on the Pro 4, so the article should be updated.  See page 28 of the user manual: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arlopro4/Arlo_Pro4_UM.pdf

It does require AC power (as the camera needs to be capturing video continuously in order for it to work).

FWIW, I think it's a bit different from what you are wanting.  Foresight gives you video for the ~3 seconds before motion was detected.  The light would have been off then - but the intruder might not be in the field of view during the 3 second look back.