Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Deadman's switch setting?

As a single person with Arlo cameras throuout the house, it occured to me that in case of something happening to me the system could be used to detect no movement for a set period of time and then notify in the same way as the 911/friend alert is done.

It could be linked to Geofencing mode so it knows when someone should be in the house and should have selectable set of cameras (i.e. just the internal ones) detecting movement.  Of course in the case of someone breaking in and stealing my phone this could make it redundent, however...

As for the name 'deadman's switch' I put that in so that in the first instance it could send the owner an app alert which if unacknowledged would then send the 911/friend alert.  

It sould be daytime/nighttime schedule selectable, to help with faulse alerts for just sleeping - though that said I left my whole system armed the otherday and it did record me moving in my bed during my sleep...

Finally the alert sould be able to send an email alert sent with snapshots from all the camers.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!