Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alexa skill needs to be expanded to allow audio to be heard through Echo and Echo dot

It's great that you can see video through Amazon's Echo Spot, Echo Show and Fire TV.

It would be even greater if you extended this to allow us to drop-in and hear the audio from a camera through Echo and Echo Dot. This is especially relevant for the Arlo baby monitor. I have an Echo dot in the living room, I'd love to have continuous audio monitoring streaming through that in the evenings rather than having to have my phone/tablet on me.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @numb15,

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

c000d
Fledgling

Fully agree with numb15's suggestion.  We also use Arlo as a baby monitor.  Adding an Alexa "audio only" skill that is compatible with the Echo Dot would be greatly appreciated.

jschlotzhauer
Fledgling

Hello!

I am attempting to set up an Alexa routine that will trigger an echo dot to notify me when audio is detected on my Arlo Baby camera. I am only seeing the option to trigger a routine based on motion detection. I am hoping to have an echo dot tell me when my baby is awake in the middle of the night based on audio. Has anyone ever set something like this up?