Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
REI
Tutor
Tutor

I want to have the ability to set the notification ringtone to whatever I want on the iPhone. Currently we are restricted to the standard chime. I would be great to have a more unique ringtone so that I can immediately distinguish Arlo Alerts from other app notifications. 

Risky
Fledgling

Adding my vote - given this system is used by many as part of their home security, you really need to be woken up by the alert and the current polite, short, standard 'ding' just does not cut through my night time coma-like state. Surely one of the best cost (to Netgear) versus benefit (to Users) ideas submitted!

I bought this camera because I've been a victim of a burglary in the past and want notification that someone is trespassing.  I agree with the other posts here that a customized alert is needed to allow me to seek help.  Any plans for adding a customizable alert?  Is it in the list of future enhancements?

yes would like this ability as well

CaptainDork
Apprentice

For my iOS, particularly, I can tell Arlo not to chatter on motion, but I'm also insulating myself from low battery and storage notifications.

Please separate these out as options.

Thanks.

Yamaman
Initiate
This is common sense so you can be alerted at night
lamps
Novice
I agree. The ability to differentiate between notifications would be great. I would love the ability to choose a unique sound for my arlo notifications.
Mkh1977
Onlooker

This would be a great improvement. A must to be able to easily distingush notifications.

PSAW
Novice
Can you set a custom notification sound for Arlo?
I currently use a custom sound on an email label to accomplish this.
TomMac
Guru

Not from Arlo itself,... tho if you phone/tablet  supports different sounds for emails and/or pushes it may be possible.

I know there's an option to change the led flashing color for different incoming messgs/contacts on my android....sounds may be another story.