Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
ogxm
Aspirant

I wonder where my glicth is that I’m coming up with an empty list of device options.

B76B421C-EB7B-4D64-B798-C40F5099ABD6.png

Hence, I can’t proceed to setting up the trigger action.

ogxm
Aspirant

Never mind. I used an incorrect account. All good.

Thanks for the great pointer.

JCdM
Initiate

Hi Django68  

Your solution posted 2021-02-06 11:31 PM is working fine !

I implemented it with my 3 cameras and now if IFTTT call me on my phone, I know it will be a bad sign.

Thank you very much; it's a very good solution. I can't miss a phone call !!!

SimplyJC
Aspirant

Django68, 

Thank you so much for sharing the IFTTT app capabilities. I have an iOS device and have been seeking an answer to change the alert sound FOREVER. I was resolved to the fact that it can’t be and will never be an option in the arlo app for iOS users.  I followed your instructions and it works fantastic! IFTTT actually alerts me faster than arlo does!   And my ringtone is now loud enough to wake a sleeping elephant. You’re the best! I just don’t understand why arlo’s support staff don’t know this solution and inform all iOS users. Thank you, again, for your thoughtful help.

LornaA
Guide

Every time I get prompted to review Arlo, I submit the same complaint regarding the notification alerts. Today I received an email from them thanking me for my comments and then advising me to post “likes and kudos” here in this forum. They are either clueless or they’re laughing at our continued complaints about the issue. It’s obvious to me that after all the years asking for this, they will NEVER do anything about it. I also have had other issues with the system but I guess support is not available from them unless you pay for it. It was a very poor decision I made when purchasing this product and I have told every person who has asked me about our Arlo cameras how unhappy I am with the system. 

Ahzoov
Tutor

I'm hard of hearing and on my Android, I used a siren to wake me. On my new iPhone, I'm sleeping right through the notifications. Kind of defeats the purpose to set everything up so that Arlo will alert me even when the "do not disturb" is on if the alert is a whisper. 

Swindonpete
Tutor

So many lost customers due to this one change needed which is at the heart of the reason for having the cameras/system - ie get alerted day or night of an event that needs your attention! Come on Arlo/Netgear please get it sorted - think of all the customers you could gain and how many you lose as a result of not doing this simple thing.

Django68
Tutor

I've noticed a few users still complaining about this issue recently-  There is a solution   - see my Feb 6 post

kushdeck
Onlooker

Using a 3rd party app / program / webpage / etc is not a solution. Its a cheap workaround that should never have to be used. That reply does NOT help this thread.

LornaA
Guide

I totally agree with you, kushdeck. I don't want to have to try to configure a fix for this with another app. We should not have to do that. I've never even seen any kind of response from Arlo regarding these complaints. I'm not going to waste my time asking for it anymore. When those surveys pop up occasionally, I definitely let them know what I think of them though.