Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
CameraMan19
Tutor

Been waiting for this feature for several years. Having notification sounds shared with all the other apps that don't have sound notification settings for some ridiculous reason severely limits how much I can rely on my Arlo cameras for security.

Pjondeck
Observer

I have raised a case with Arlo on this. If the case is not resolved in two weeks it gets dropped into the too hard basket and that's the end of that unless the case gets updated within the two weeks. I intend to update the case within that time to keep it alive. Not very confident that it will make any difference but will try anything.

regards all

Peter

Fossey
Fledgling

How come IRIS by Lowes could afford custom ring tones BUT you can't.

Most senior citizens can't hear the only tone you offer. It's been over a year.

You don't care about customer services.

If you are looking for a Alarm Company and have an APPLE device, I recommend not to by to buy

pge
Onlooker
Onlooker

Arlo is a security product and not the cheapest one. 

Declaring it too hard to change a notification sound away from the iOS default is just ridiculous. 

Kennedytribe
Follower

I would just like a different notification sound than the rest of my apps so I know when someone is at my door rather than having to look each time an app notification goes off scared that something is happen at my door.

unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Who knows thec trick to a custom ringtone and photo when the video doorbell rings your iPhone? I tried the trick of going into calls, finding the arlo call and creating New contract from that. It doesn’t save in my contacts.
pge
Onlooker
Onlooker

different notification sound than the rest of my apps

> so I know when someone is at my door rather than [..] scared that something is happen at my door.

Exactly! This is the 100% core of this issue.

Arlo please

Whistler83
Novice

I have Arlo on two homes. I would like to give each home it’s own sound chosen by me.   Any idea when this will be implemented?

fisheye7
Apprentice

That’s a great idea but there isn’t even a choice to have a notification sound that one can choose for Arlo notifications only to separate them from other notifications!

fisheye7
Apprentice

Observer

“I have raised a case with Arlo on this. If the case is not resolved in two weeks it gets dropped into the too hard basket and that's the end of that unless the case gets updated within the two weeks. I intend to update the case within that time to keep it alive. Not very confident that it will make any difference but will try anything.

regards all

Peter”

Thanks for your efforts in keeping track of this, there are hundreds if not thousands (not everyone will be commenting on this thread) of customers hoping for notification sound customising..
It would be good if Arlo acknowledges this request as other camera security systems will be getting better and better and will overtake Arlo if they don’t care about their customers.