Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Chevyboy67
Tutor

I’ll be happy with anything that’s different then every app sound on my phone.  In this regard iPhone is horrible for

jimk0022
Initiate

Just purchased Arlo after several recommendations and surprised to see such a simple to fix issue has been an around for so long. I am an IOS user and the first thing I went to do after setting the system up was change the alert tone.

This product is a relatively expensive security product designed to protect people and their homes.  Having the ability to manage the alert sound for daytime and nighttime is a MUST DO enhancement.  Hurry up and get it done!

cj71
Fledgling

Alert tone needs to be able to be customizable!  2020 now please fix

Mbkjt
Fledgling

Hoping Arlo will please build the option to change the notification sound on the Arlo app. It's silly that my camera notification sounds exactly the same as my daily notes reminders. If there's an emergency situation on my camera, I'd like to have a distinct notification chime for it so that it garners my immediate attention!

TroyFFH
Novice

Come on Arlo, really, provide the capability for IOS to select a notifications sounds! Someone could be breaking into my garage in the middle of the night, my cutting edge expensive Arlo system detects the intruder, and I get a faint, little “ding”.  Hundreds of dollars and a yearly fee and your system is near useless for  notifications. 

TroyFFH
Novice

And a bypass do not disturb mode is also much needed fix

Fargonaut
Novice

This is an essential feature. I just bought an Arlo after leaving Canary. But now I have an even bigger problem with Arlo than I do with Canary because I can't tell the diff between a text and a "someone is breaking into your house" alert from Arlo.

pwrguynam
Novice

allow user to add/modify unique sounds on iPhone

JeffoFitts
Aspirant

Per Harrow61 @ ‎2019-02-23; https://community.arlo.com/t5/Features/change-push-notification-sound-iOS/m-p/1681250#M15219

Better

On an individual personal IOS device

An alert for an individual camera ( Visual and/or sound detection)

Within user determinable times 

The required alert duration and intensity ( Sound selected / volume / duration/ Vibration / screen flash  

Best

Providing immediate situational awareness (in notification centre / lock screen)

Allow the user to immediately trigger an appropriate response  ( Talk / base alarm / police / alert friends)

Ferbie
Follower

As all have said I can’t believe arlo has not sorted this issue especially the level of iPhone users out there. I used to be responsible for many systems that would be used by all different user devices and we had a responsibility to make sure the applications worked on all devices. It is just good customer service, delivering something that people who purchase the app can use it effectively. Come on arlo, sort it!