Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments

Not too sure why you droid users are complaining or I’m reading this right but I’m pretty sure from when I had a galaxy otw 9 you were able to make alerts for every app on your phone.  iPhone users such as me again cannot.  I just recently went to twitter made an account and blasted them as well as made a video on you tube.  Seems it doesn’t phase them.  But what I can tell you I have tried other cameras out there and still revert back to Arlo even as bad as they are with certain things.  I have Arlo pro 2 and they have been running for ever in 2 different states and my only complaint is the alerts.  So everyone make a twitter account and start blasting. It’s the only way you’ll be heard.  Netgear doesn’t monitor this junk

Onlooker

Yes, we can choose a different alert sound for the entire app, so Android is ahead in that respect. But once iOS gets this you'll see that it doesn't really help out a lot because you'll set the notification to, let's say, just a different kind of beep or tone or whatever. Something you can hear in a quiet room... but not the grocery store. Something you can hear in the office while you're in an important meeting... but not while you're asleep. That's why this is a bigger issue than just iOS. I'm sure it will help a little to get what Android users already have, but this isn't an us vs. them issue. This is an app limitation issue that goes deeper because in order to truly be a SECURITY product, the alerts need to behave in a way that supports that purpose. Right now, they don't, not even for Android users. An Android user has to select ONE notification sound for EVERY activity from every Arlo device, regardless of whether it's just a bug crawling across the front door camera in the middle of the day or a prowler lurking in the backyard in the middle of the night. Same sound. That's the problem. Again, I think Android users appreciate that we have that one slight advantage, but don't dismiss the deeper frustration - which belongs to ALL of us. Maybe you'll see one day soon. In the meantime, I'm frustrated, too, that even Arlo has turned this into an IOS issue, which it isn't. For all I know, this is all intended to sell more hardware - a bedside speaker or something they'll come up with.

I’ll be happy with anything that’s different then every app sound on my phone.  In this regard iPhone is horrible for

Fledgling

Just purchased Arlo after several recommendations and surprised to see such a simple to fix issue has been an around for so long. I am an IOS user and the first thing I went to do after setting the system up was change the alert tone.

This product is a relatively expensive security product designed to protect people and their homes.  Having the ability to manage the alert sound for daytime and nighttime is a MUST DO enhancement.  Hurry up and get it done!

Fledgling

Alert tone needs to be able to be customizable!  2020 now please fix

Fledgling

Hoping Arlo will please build the option to change the notification sound on the Arlo app. It's silly that my camera notification sounds exactly the same as my daily notes reminders. If there's an emergency situation on my camera, I'd like to have a distinct notification chime for it so that it garners my immediate attention!

Novice

Come on Arlo, really, provide the capability for IOS to select a notifications sounds! Someone could be breaking into my garage in the middle of the night, my cutting edge expensive Arlo system detects the intruder, and I get a faint, little “ding”.  Hundreds of dollars and a yearly fee and your system is near useless for  notifications. 

Novice

And a bypass do not disturb mode is also much needed fix

Novice

This is an essential feature. I just bought an Arlo after leaving Canary. But now I have an even bigger problem with Arlo than I do with Canary because I can't tell the diff between a text and a "someone is breaking into your house" alert from Arlo.

Novice

allow user to add/modify unique sounds on iPhone