Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Seely
Fledgling
I read in a post years ago that the ability to change the alert tone for the arlo app was “coming soon”. Is there a way to do that yet?
sn0wballz
Star

Did anyone else notice that the original idea that I posted specifically for IOS has been deleted and merged with this "idea" that they've marked "partially implemented?"

I had an idea thread with multiple responses and a good amount of "kudos" that was specific to iOS users. They've basically removed that idea altogether in hopes to shield their lack of action, IMO.

Staceyjo
Initiate
Looking to find out if there is a way to change sound notifications for Arlo pro 2 on IOS device
tobm
Fledgling

Has there been an official comment from Netgear recently about when it will be possible to customize the alert sound on the iPhone/iOS?

It’s incredible that this still hasn’t happened.

Seely
Fledgling

Anything from arlo yet on ios alert sounds being able to be changed? Some kind of update would be nice. Wondering if I need to change to another type of camera. They do have quite a delay when trying to view live feeds. But just hearing nothing about even an update for sounds makes me wonder if anyone is out there working on updates at all?

mdh42
Aspirant

Been over two years for iPhone... Don't hold your breath.

PushSounds.png

USN1998
Onlooker

I only bought the unit ARLO PRO with SIREN because it had the Siren, it did not say the Siren was only indoors.  As far as I am concerned, this unit is worthless.  My phone vibrates with it detects motion... like I hear the vibration when I am sleeping.  To this day I have yet to be alerted... real time with motion is detected.  I only find out motion has been detected when I check my messages.  All this unit does is make a video clip of someone in my yard.  By the time I see it, they are long gone.  There are hundreds of ring tones in my phone... why can’t the unit use them?

roberttalbot
Observer

ARLO NEED TO BE MORE HONEST.. nowhere in buying brochures do they mention that you cant have seperate notification sounds for Individual Cameras  Bit deceitful in my opinion and also EXTREMELY annoying.

USN1998
Onlooker

I woke up this A.M. checked my email and noticed Arlo alert, no warning, nothing, slept right through the event.  Contacted Amazon and got a return label.  This unit is worthless too me.  It would not protect s dog house!

Do you push notifications set up for Arlo?  They are set up separately.