Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Alphonso123
Observer
Thanks for the different perspective Engadin. I find it hard to believe that arlo does not know of this major flaw in their systems. I will continue to pay attention to this thread and continue to post asking for a resolution..., I
Engadin
Onlooker

Giving kudos and waiting for some action is what this forum did for more than a year.

Nothing happened.

An alarm system without a perceivable alarm is ... not an alarm system but a sad joke.

Hopefully Arlo CEO Matthew McRea will agree and bring his team to action and a solution.

Mr McRea? 

Chevyboy67
Tutor

I simply had enough of waiting and asking and manipulating my iPhone with different sounds through email notifications to fix the crappy alert arlo has.  I went and bought an android galaxy note 8.  Now some people are iPhone ride or die I get it. So was I I had iPhone since day 1.bit to make my life easier I switched and I love to be balebto hack my phone and do what I want with it

Chevyboy67
Tutor

Like I've Commentwd before. Have you tried making a different email account just for arlo cams and manipulate the sound through your iOS with what ever alert you'd like on iPhone?  This is one way to do it. If not do like i did..... Go Android. I know it sucks to hear but I was iPhone since day one and I made the switch to a note 8.completly customizable

Chevyboy67
Tutor

Someone posted if they can use their friends android phone and sign into their arlo and customize the sound and then sign back in using their iPhone.    No this will not work at all. Remember it's the phone not the internals.  Your friend will only be happy with a new alert

I agree with all of the post on this thread. Having a unique sound is a must. I have worked in IT FOR OVER 20 years this is not a big fix. Come on Netgear

I am hoping this will help some of you out until Netgear gets off their butt and adds this feature. You can download the app ifttt on your iphone from there you can use applets to notifiy you of arlo events. One of the applets is "If arlo detects motion call my phone. Once you set up that applet then the service will call you when motion is detected. You will need to set up you phone with the phone call service. Click the phone icon in the arlo applet to set this up. You can then add the number to your contacts and give it a custom ring tone and poof you have custom sounds to alert you if there is trouble. 

arlo call.png

I am hoping this will help some of you out until Netgear adds this feature. You can download the app ifttt on your iphone from there you can use applets to notifiy you of arlo events. One of the applets is "If arlo detects motion call my phone. Once you set up that applet then the service will call you when motion is detected. You will need to set up you phone with the phone call service. Click the phone icon in the arlo applet to set this up. You can then add the number to your contacts and give it a custom ring tone and poof you have custom sounds to alert you if there is trouble. arlo call.png

I am hoping this will help some of you out until Netgear adds this feature. You can download the app ifttt on your iphone from there you can use applets to notifiy you of arlo events. One of the applets is "If arlo detects motion call my phone. Once you set up that applet then the service will call you when motion is detected. You will need to set up you phone with the phone call service. Click the phone icon in the arlo applet to set this up. You can then add the number to your contacts and give it a custom ring tone and poof you have custom sounds to alert you if there is trouble. 

arlo call.png

Msteffani21
Fledgling

I love the Arlo camera system but it doesn’t do a lot of good when the notifications are quieter than someone trying to break in. I can’t bbelieve  this is even an issue and hope netgear creates a way to change notification sounds for its IOS users