Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
sinecostan
Observer

+1 on this feature. With the phone being used for everything, it is ridiculous that we cannot dstinguish between an SMS and burglary.

ClaudiaS
Fledgling

Same thing for Android Samsung Galaxy....all push notifications drove me CRAZY!  Can't believe you can't set a different TONE.  Changed to email notification......had 87 emails all but 3 were from Arlo....So that change didn't work either....plus can't hear "emails" at night if there is an intruder.  Just upgraded from the 2 Camera Set to the 4 in 2 days (thinking I just hadn't found how to do the correct TONE

Alpo wrote:

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

....now hoping I didn't make a BIG mistake with ALL the notifications!!  HELP, Netgear, Arlo, anybody!!

CatWalker
Onlooker

I have to agree with all the others on this issue. What good is a security system if you can't hear an alert at night? We have 6 cameras, inside and outside, but a thief would have a ball stealing from us. Having an old, deaf dog and a husband the same would be no deterrant!

How about it, guys and gals? (I've got an Android system, Samsung note 5.)

Take this issue off the back burner and start the fire!

Hlcraft
Aspirant

Hi Arlo,
I just wanted to make a suggestion to your system. It would be nice to have options on the push notifications to have different sounds or alarms to let you know when someone steps on your property. I would find this useful for my case in which I have people vandalizing my cars. The push notifications aren't loud enough

How many posts does it take for Netgear to realize that having a separate notification sound within the app is a must have option? This blog had been going on since 01/27/15. Please had this enhancement on your next app update.
sinecostan
Observer

I don't think netgear is monitoring these posts.

I had a live chat with a rep. The first answer was "It depends on the device you are using". When I pressed on that and said I am ok changing my device, the rep backed off and said the feature is not available. The next answer was to ask me to post it here. When I pointed out that the idea has been posted and given a ton of kudos, there was a lot of silence. And then finally, the rep agreed to get back to me regardindg when such a feature may be available. I just bought my arlo, so I don't mind retiurning it and going for a solution that has this feature.

I suggest that each of us chat with a live rep and gather their attention.

JamesC
Community Manager

REIGNINSLAYER, sinecostan

I assure you that the Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. While I do not have any information on this particular topic at this time, we greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation.

I encourage you to continue offering valuable feedback and continue to support good ideas by giving Kudos.

Thank you,

JamesC

sinecostan
Observer

JamesC,

I (we) understand that you do not have any information regarding thsi feature at this time. The question is, when will you commit to having such information? It would be useful to know a time frame for this.

thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager

sinecostan,

Each idea in the idea exchange has a status tag. The status will be updated to let the community know if an idea is being considered. If you're waiting for an idea to be implemented, keep an eye on this status as this is the best indicator for how far along an idea is within development.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

A good non-answer from Netgear.

I have warned a few potential customers off Arlo and will continue to do so despite it basically being a great product. A community forum is not a substitute for customer support.