Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Gahawn
Aspirant

Adding my vote to this feature. It seems like such a simple thing to do. At least let the app have its own notification sound. Even better would be if each camera could have its own notification sound.

It would be great to configure the type of alert tone you receive on your iPhone. Currently the alert is the default iPhone notification tone, so can can't tell it apart from the hundreds of other apps that use the same standard tone. It would be good to have a selection in iPhone Notification Settings.

VI
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the wireless camera's I would like to be able to adjust the "pushed notification" sound.  Currently, it is a sound that does not wake me when I am sleeping.  I need something that will sound off a minimum of 5 seconds.  I would like "a sound"I could pick also.  In my opinion not having this option does not make this device desireable, because I am not alert sound is ineffective during sleep hours.

Ogregon45
Fledgling
Yet another vote to allow change Arlo notification sounds to be customized to something louder than standard notification sound on iPhone. Get on it please. Make it part of enhanced subscription if you want. There you go, an incentive for YOU!🤑
bmattox79
Apprentice

I agree my wife had to change her text tone and she's had it forever not the biggest thing I'd like to see done but at some point, look around the idea exchange I'm pretty sure someone has this with a lot of kudos and add one more

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for submitting your idea. We are in the process of merging duplicate ideas, so I will be merging this idea with the existing idea - Custom alert sounds. Make sure you visit the idea and give it a kudo!

frank5174
Fledgling

I need for each camera to have different alert sound.

DarbyB
Fledgling

Another vote to support this feature.

REI
Tutor
Tutor

It's been over a year since I asked for this feature. Nothing. This would be a simple change to the app.  

markbeh
Aspirant

This should be standard in the App. C'mon Netgear